Team v Newcastle | Vital Football

Team v Newcastle

Blade for Life

Vital 1st Team Regular
To be fair to fat boy he has sussed Wilders system and we got owned at BDTBL last season. For that reason Wilder needs to be flexible here and change.
We really need to look at a team that allows our better players to be on the pitch at the same time so here are 2 options.

4-4-2

Ramsdale
Baldock Bash Egan Stevens
Bogle Lundstram McGoldrick Osborn
Burke Brewster

4-3-3

Ramsdale
Baldock Bash Egan Stevens
Bogle McGoldrick Osborn
Burke Brewster Moose

...........................................................rammers.......................................................
...................bash...........................egan..........................keane............
bogle.......................................................................................................osbourn...........
..............................................lunny.......fleck..............................................................
.......................................................goldie................................................................
........................................moose................burke..............................

Last edited:
...........................................................rammers.......................................................
...................bash...........................egan..........................keane............
bogle.......................................................................................................osbourn...........
.....................................................ampadu..............................................................
............................lunny........................................fleck............................
........................................moose................burke..............................

Who is Keane or did you mean Kean Bryan?

.....................................................ampadu..............................................................
............................lunny........................................fleck............................
I’d still have didzy up top probably for moose and I’d put our dog in the middle for ampadu she will get about the pitch more and show more commitment to the cause other than that same as

As above but Norwood for Ampadu for me................:throw:
and stop Didsy giving away silly free kicks running into people

As above but Norwood for Ampadu for me................:throw:
and stop Didsy giving away silly free kicks running into people
Don’t you trust our dog aya she has plenty of energy will get up and down the pitch and will run all day get a stronger tackle in than the pair anall :yes:

McG has to play. He’s literally the only player in our squad with any semblance of control and creativity and he’s also scored twice as many goals as anybody else.

McG has to play. He’s literally the only player in our squad with any semblance of control and creativity and he’s also scored twice as many goals as anybody else.

Agreed - but he does a lot of damage in midfield giving fouls and the ball away needlessly

..............................................lunny.......fleck..............................................................
.......................................................goldie................................................................
listened to reason and this is my final offer

Come on twirlo who is the holding midfielder neither Lunny or Fleck can't do that job. Come to think of it I don' t know who can. How about moving Bogle inside and recalling Baldock or is he on the black list

Come on twirlo who is the holding midfielder neither Lunny or Fleck can't do that job. Come to think of it I don' t know who can. How about moving Bogle inside and recalling Baldock or is he on the black list
thing is mate ya dont have to play a specific holding midfielder type cause we dont have one,norwood couldnt old his own piss. ya play luny and fleck centre mid who drop as soon as newcastle get the ball. when newcastle do have the ball the wing backs become narrow and form a 4 man mid ,with goldie dropping in behind the ball. so when we dont have the ball fleck and lunny become the barrier in front of the defence ,we get the ball it gets clipped up to the speed mercchants they get newcastle turned round going back to their own goal while our two up top press or hold the ball up while we get support going forward. its pretyy easy to transition through the thirds ,with speed up top we can get in their final third and hopefull y play our game there. the fall down on this is we give the ball away to easy.

I agree about McGoldrick but i dont think he has enough pace to play up front. My 4-3-3 option has a tried and tested back 4 while retaining the quality of Bogle on the right side. It has McGolrick as the creative player in midfield with the pace of Burke, Brewster and Moose up top. Burke playing a free role and linking with midfield.
We are in a position where draws are about as much use as a chocolate fire guard. If we get all our better players on the field at the same time we have a chance but we need to go for this not be passive.

thing is mate ya dont have to play a specific holding midfielder type cause we dont have one,norwood couldnt old his own piss. ya play luny and fleck centre mid who drop as soon as newcastle get the ball. when newcastle do have the ball the wing backs become narrow and form a 4 man mid ,with goldie dropping in behind the ball. so when we dont have the ball fleck and lunny become the barrier in front of the defence ,we get the ball it gets clipped up to the speed mercchants they get newcastle turned round going back to their own goal while our two up top press or hold the ball up while we get support going forward. its pretyy easy to transition through the thirds ,with speed up top we can get in their final third and hopefull y play our game there. the fall down on this is we give the ball away to easy.
The trouble with having Lunny n Fleck dropping further back is that they are the most likely to give free kicks away in dangerous positions. Then we are at the moment incapable of defending dead ball kicks into our penalty area.LI know its

I agree about McGoldrick but i dont think he has enough pace to play up front. My 4-3-3 option has a tried and tested back 4 while retaining the quality of Bogle on the right side. It has McGolrick as the creative player in midfield with the pace of Burke, Brewster and Moose up top. Burke playing a free role and linking with midfield.
We are in a position where draws are about as much use as a chocolate fire guard. If we get all our better players on the field at the same time we have a chance but we need to go for this not be passive.
that is a trap people fall into all the time, getting our best players on the pitch at the same time in alien positions cause someone else is in their best position that allows them to play at their best, it just dosnt work. i know nothing else is working at the moment but ya cant have burke brewster moose and goldie starting games all together it,ll leave a pretty poor defence over exposed and with us only been able to convert 1 in 20 chances we,ll end up losing 5-1 . we have to give us some sort of chance of winning from the start. anyones thoughts on what or how we should play will hold up in any debate cause of how poor we play really.

The trouble with having Lunny n Fleck dropping further back is that they are the most likely to give free kicks away in dangerous positions. Then we are at the moment incapable of defending dead ball kicks into our penalty area.LI know its
what do you suggest. They all give free kicks away so? an i dont think ya can pick a side on they are likely to give free kicks away. only my opinion though.

The trouble with having Lunny n Fleck dropping further back is that they are the most likely to give free kicks away in dangerous positions. Then we are at the moment incapable of defending dead ball kicks into our penalty area.I know there's no easy solution with present squad, but it's better to try to get damage limitation down as far as possible