Team v Middlesbrough | Page 3 | Vital Football

Team v Middlesbrough

He initially got sent off for being the last defender , but then the linesman pointed out that the Boro player was offside , so Kloses red card was withdrawn ! Don’t often see that happen

We would have been without Hanley and Klose! I wonder why Zimmermann got the nod ahead of the 'world class' Godfrey?

How did Zimmer do?

Zimmermann was very good, as was Klose. He’s a bit taller than Godfrey and possibly edges it in the air. That looks like the central defensive pairing for the next month or so, I’d say.

Great tackling up the pitch today and good in possession
in last third.
We were never going to score by crossing in the air so the wide pull back was best chance of creating a goal.
A good win and Boro were poor but we had to work hard for a win and did. Best game in a long time.

Back home, drunk as a skunk..Hic, what a superb day all round, that was the best I have seen us perform for a long time, Farke got it right today...At Last, great player performance.

The goal incidently was deflected into the net by a Boro player, left their keeper completely flat footed!

Another shot was destined for the bottom left hand corner before being blocked.

Haha!!! What a clown. Apparently he goes off on one every time they lose. He's done it about Leeds a few times and one of their fans spotted him in a Aldis carrying a princess bag :grinning:

41817515_10156707211753953_2625756027668135936_n.jpg

I was surprised to see Stiepermann play the CAM role yesterday given hes always been LB or LW for us. It was definitely his best performance for us. Maybe we should use him there more often if he is that comfortable. Everything now hinges on the next game and how we kick on or not. I'm not expecting a perfect performance like yesterday every game but that was certainly the bar set.

I forgot to mention I had a short conversation with Peter Mendham just after the match. I thought he looked pretty good for his age until I realised he wasn't born until 1960!

Feelgood factor this morning amongst fans I have spoken to . Saturdays performance was simply what we had all asked for for such a long time . Football isn’t rocket science ... it’s all about attacking the opposition and getting the ball in their net , while a couple of big lads make sure they don’t do it to you !

Indeed so Bears . Wigan at home is the 10th game of the season and is marker day for most of us on here where we assess where we are . For me nothing less than 7 points out of the next 3 games( Reading away , QPR away . Wigan home ) is acceptable if we are to believe that DF and his tactics are the way to drive us forwards