Team v Ipswich | Page 14 | Vital Football

Team v Ipswich

DF:

Saying that we were desperate to win today but happy with a draw. Saying we were poor in 2nd half.
Klose had a concussion at HT and had to come off.

Totally pleased with how we played after Ipswich scored.

Saying we were on the front foot even though we had 10 men after Thompson hurt his leg.

Leitner he says was so good and full of skill. Scored an important goal which helps.

Says that our end product needs to improve.

Saying that if we had 11 players for last 15 minutes we would have won. He is pleased for the lads today.

Says that Thompson is a brilliant lad and always wants to play. He is now struggling with a muscle injury and his hamstring is damaged. Thompson told DF that 'I want to play and help the lads win this'.

Aaron, he says that he doesn't want to praise him but he was good. He played well in his first ever game. DF says that he has proven that he is happy to play our youngsters by saying 'Aarons - academy product' - 'Lewis Academy product' - 'Thompson Academy product' - Godfrey Academy product'. Do we include the two latter players as they were signed for the academy? I guess so....Lewis and Aarons were also signed from other clubs (Luton I think) I guess only really Cantwell who has been with club his whole career from aged 13.

Leitner only scored the goal. He didn't have a great game at all. Lots of miss directed passing. I am convinced that both of these teams will be scrapping it out at the bottom come the end of the season.

I`m home...alive, had to shower and get the smell of that toilet off me!

A point away from home in the biggest rivalry between two teams there is, I can live with that, a typical Derby game always totally unpredictable how it will go, we did OK and could have won it, wait until we get them at Carrow Road, we`ll eat em!

Not long back home ! Managed to catch the second half thanks to some earphones. Got some looks when we got the equaliser... but at least we weren't still in the church ! :grinning:
Obviously, I wanted to win. But, I'm not unhappy with the draw, esp considering 60 mins in we were trailing and under pressure. We had the most to lose, giving up our long unbeaten run and allowing ippo to leapfrog us . The points total is concerning, all well good with decent performances here and there but it has to convert into points. Hopefully we can kick on after the break. OTBC

To be honest, on the way back from Leicester I was thinking , at this stage I think as long as we don't lose to Ipswich it's a win for us , points aside and derby aside (I know we all WANT to win) but in terms of bragging rights , I think the fact Ippo just fail to beat us is in itself punishment for them. I was watching a vid someone posted on Youtube of NC fans after the final whistle chanting "You'll never beat the Norwich " . They so desperately want to taste victory, I actually am finding giving them these 1-0's and snatching it away again all deeply satisfying. Is that twisted? :grinning:

40589421_10155531414616712_7044509684207714304_n.jpg

I have to add that Ipswich are a shocking team, any decent manager would have gone for the win big time, the only time we really went for it is when we were losing, we created a few chances equalised then went defensive again....Mr Farke you really are not very good for us....Taxi.

Returned from Portman Road yesterday with a similar feeling of relief to those above - we did do well to fight back and get a point.

My overall thoughts are that it was a disappointing game and performance from both teams. It's hard to reconcile that these two teams played out two very good games in the playoff semi finals a few years ago, as both look so poor now - taken down by owners who are unwilling to invest in the playing squad.

I thought we did fine first half, but early second half we were awful. We did fight back well, and then just as we looked to kick on Thompson got injured, and with no subs left we had to settle for the draw. Really, based on chances alone, we should have won (does anybody have any idea how Hanley missed???!) - but on performance a draw was the fair result.

I too was impressed by our young defenders Tuckster. Lewis is continuing to improve, and Aarons looked very assured on debut. Godfrey again looks a heck of a prospect. One thing Farke is getting right is bringing through these youth players, and developing them - but that's about it at the moment unfortunately...hopefully Aarons/Lewis are our full backs for some time to come. Pinto shouldn't be coming back in for Aarons.

Overall I came away from the game thinking both teams are in for long hard seasons - to me Ipswich look to have got rid of a manager in McCarthy who was good enough to keep them mid table, for a manager who looks like he will have them in a relegation battle with a bunch of league 1/2 players...

Thanks for the reports FFL and Olly . Always good to get an opinion from someone who was there . St least we didn’t lose but the lack of quality is a great concern

Love it! Credit to Farke for playing them. If AN was still here they’d all be out in loan right now!

Delia looking equally as passionate on her train journey home herself :grinning:

56393B1A-2FFB-49F3-9C1B-4DCEF6DB80EC.jpeg

That is our poor millionaire owner - plastic watch -in standard class. I saw comments saying at least she travels with the normal people but I think it is because she has to.

What a contrast between our young passionate lads and our crusty old passionless Owners . ......... time to eff off out of our club Smith

Its not always about the money (although it certainly helps ) , but it’s about the drive , hunger , passion and a burning desire to succeed . I am sorry but I don’t see any of those attributes from our silent owners