Team v Fleetwood | Page 3 | Vital Football

Team v Fleetwood

It's been a frustrating game to watch. We've defended well in places, carved out some decent opportunities but finished those attempts like a Sunday side and ultimately conceded like a Sunday side. Still there's still time...

I feel we’ve been the architects of our own demise.
If ever a match was there for the winning.
Akinde is a huge disappointment. Huge. Huge. Huge. Virtually a waste of a place.

I feel we’ve been the architects of our own demise.
If ever a match was there for the winning.
Akinde is a huge disappointment. Huge. Huge. Huge. Virtually a waste of a place.
I think its clear, L2 is about his level, most savvy centre halves seem to know how to handle him

Toilet.
Hoofball.
After a brief appearance our midfield disappeared again.

Don't know why our players or Evans were moaning the end.

We had a great 30 minute spell in the first half had Akinde got one or two it would have been a different game, but once again we didn’t take our chances and fair play to Barton made changes tactically then introduced subs that changed the game, never really in it second half

WTF has happened to our attack?

Until 3 games ago we were playing shite, but at least we looked likely to score when we went forward.

Now, we are not playing quite as shite, but I can’t honestly see where our next goal is coming from.

P!ssed off these games are early enough that I’m watching them. Thank god your clocks have changed and as soon as we revert to 3pm kick offs I’ll be saved the agony. F***ed if I’m getting up at 2am to watch us at the moment.

I thought we had some class players. But we have looked 2nd best in every single game we’ve played except maybe Wigan.

F***! I’ve got to try and sleep now.....

Was pretty embarrassing seeing Evans confront the ref after full time whistle, his shouting and screaming and swearing was the only thing being picked up on the iFollow microphones. He also had a pop at a couple of Fleetwood players who went over towards him.

We ended with a red and 4 yellows they with one yellow and the points. We had 10 shots each, 5 on target for us 2 for them. I'd be surprised if they didn't commit more fouls. All that and we pretty much got what we deserved. Yes Akinde was very disappointing but so was Samuel, they offered almost no threat throughout.

I think we look pretty poor at the moment, but on this occasion, I didn't think that Fleetwood looked much better and we could have got something out of the game. I'm hoping that a fit Dempsey will make a bit of difference and I still think there is a decent player in young Robertson and he may benefit from having a better player in the midfield with him.

Bit better in midfield and central defense, and once again, Graham`s tenacious approach is surely enough to earn him the Captain`s armband while Dempsey`s out. Unfortunate that Oliver was unfit, he`s head and shoulders - literally, above Akinde in terms of winning the ball, energy and finding our own guys with passes.

Difficult to argue with the result - Fleetwood were not that much better than us on the day, but are a very good side, despite their modest position in the standings. Today we didn`t do enough and, in recent games, not being able to compliment our good young players with the game maturity that Dempsey and O`Keefe provide, has dented our performance.

I thought the BBC commentator, Olly something, was rubbish too; and also a right twat for his opening comment about taking the knee.

From our point of view, a good 30 minute spell in the first half where we dominated and created a number of good chances and should have taken two or three of them and won the game. Disappointing that we didn't - ultimately that's what cost us the game. Fleetwood did sweet FA in the first half and were there for the taking - to be fair, they did little more in the second half and from their point of view, it was daylight robbery (not because we played well, but because they were terrible). A first goal that came from a very generous bounce from the crossbar - the like we didn't get all game from the post, bar or their awful keepers numerous spills. A second goal which came on the break as we were chasing the game and wrongly down to 10 men. Not good enough at all, but we didn't have any luck and Fleetwood did.

I can see why Evans wasn't happy with the officiating - I haven't seen the stats, but Fleewtood seemed to commit repreated and continual fouls to break up the play, but didn't seem to get any bookings until towards the end, when the ref was on our case from the start, awarding us several soft yellow cards, including Ogilvie's first one, which was a complete carbon copy of an identical challenge on Samuel about a minute before which the referee ignored. The only contact for Ogilvie's second booking was their player clipping his own heel. Their was a clear trip on Samuel, on the edge of the box, which may well have been just outside of the box, but was clearly a trip, but not given.

All in, every aspect was frustrating - a poor performance by us and very wasteful, a lucky poor opponent and a poor referee. Not a lot of positives to find, I'm afraid,

We ended with a red and 4 yellows they with one yellow and the points. We had 10 shots each, 5 on target for us 2 for them. I'd be surprised if they didn't commit more fouls. All that and we pretty much got what we deserved. Yes Akinde was very disappointing but so was Samuel, they offered almost no threat throughout.

I agree that we got what we deserved, but I'd say that Fleetwood definitely didn't get what they deserved either - they certainly didn't deserve to win that match. I make you right on the fouls (not having seen the stats myself). I find it bizarre that the referee only booked one of their players for all of the fouls the deliberately and repeatedly committed - several identical ones to ones we committed and were cautioned, including Ogilvie's first.

Samuel is the biggest disappointment for me - a player with genuine talent who is flattering to deceive.

I thought it was a better performance than MK and Pompey. the keeper made a good save to deny Samuel and Akinde hit the post. Had either or both of those gone in then we might be talking a different game.

We also hit the cross bar in the second half so again fine margins. They hit the cross bar as well but it fell kindly for Madden, ours didn't.

I can't recall Ogilves first yellow but the second one was a yellow. We will miss him.