Team v Exeter | Page 3 | Vital Football

Team v Exeter

There you go.
We’ll do well to avoid a rout.
They are brilliant going forward.
Their defence looks iffy so we have to press high and defend from the front.

Utter toilet. Were in complete control for half an hour - deservedly went 1-0, although the goal was a terrible mistake from Exeter. We should have been at least 2-0 with Samuel missing a sitter and Maghoma missing an easy free header from a corner. Then we went to pieces and Exeter are undeservedly 3-1 from nowhere, slotting away about the only three chances they had - all poor defensively (although the first and third goals were well taken) and the second terrible with Bonham gifting Exeter the ball from a kick then not saving a poor shot straight at him. If we can sort out our defence and keeper in the second half, we are still in this as Exeter's defence looks just as bad. Poor show so far - we seriously need to sort this out and Evans needs to earn his money at half time with some serious hair dryer treatment.

I think we can all see that they are poor at the back and we need to press and stay in their half as going forward they look good.
Let’s hope SE sorts it out at half time

Very poor half from MacDonald, Maghoma and stupid error from Bonham.

Need to get MacDonald off at Robertson on to start the second. Unfortunate there`s no Medley to take over from Maghoma. Poor from Gills, who need to work harder.

Utter toilet. Were in complete control for half an hour - deservedly went 1-0, although the goal was a terrible mistake from Exeter. We should have been at least 2-0 with Samuel missing a sitter and Maghoma missing an easy free header from a corner. Then we went to pieces and Exeter are undeservedly 3-1 from nowhere, slotting away about the only three chances they had - all poor defensively (although the first and third goals were well taken) and the second terrible with Bonham gifting Exeter the ball from a kick then not saving a poor shot straight at him. If we can sort out our defence and keeper in the second half, we are still in this as Exeter's defence looks just as bad. Poor show so far - we seriously need to sort this out and Evans needs to earn his money at half time with some serious hair dryer treatment.
Agree with all of that. Shame we don't have natural finishers like they seem to have. Can you imagine any of our players matching that (apart from Graham).

About time Samuel got his sh#t into gear.

Last edited:
Not defending Bonham for the truely awful clearance, but to me I think he may have been unsighted for the second.

Basically, this is a perfect reason as to not to change a winning team unless necessary.
Evans should look at his decision to bring Maghoma in place of Medley.
The central defence has been all over the place.
Exeter look sharp, both on and off the ball.
It’s either going to be a good team talk or a couple of subs.
This looks like a defence that Coyle could exploit.
Personally, I’d give Samuel a rest and bring in younger legs into midfield.