Team v ‘Boro | Page 4 | Vital Football

Team v ‘Boro

Every game now gets bigger and bigger ! Now QPR becomes critical and a game we simply HAVE to win .........but in the meantime I may well crack open another Hobgob to celebrate yet another incredible away day :guiness:

Another great away win, we are in touching distsnce, as the sky commentator said ‘I can’t see anyone stopping Norwich City now!’.

Finally back home from the game.
Late decision to travel by train so walked to station setting off at 6 am,
arriving in Boro just before midday via Peterborough and York.
Managed to get into the booked hotel room in time to drop off gear and walk to first pub by 2 pm with Mrs DG, my brother and his wife and join 4 Boro fans.
When landlord asked my brother if he was a season ticket holder to get discount on match day beer he said yes but a Norwich one and got it.
Sadly the promised pub tour did not materialize so we got taken to a LLoyds Nr 1 but a least a pint of Doombar was only £ 1.79.
We got into the ground by 5.20 and joined the 1400 away fans by singing throughout the entire game.
We were in upper tier but still had a great view of the goal and the players celebrated right in front of us.
The entire away support stayed until the home fans had disappeared to sing and take part in usual Farke wave and see Zimmerman hold up the MOTM award.

I had to find the post game pub, same Lloyds : ( on my own after guiding my brother back to catch last train back to their holiday venue in R H bay )
which was a struggle and witnessed a couple of minor fights between Boro supporters.

A couple of beers and then back to Hotel bar.
Lost an hour's kip due to clock change but still managed to get the 9 am
train and an even longer journey back via York, Peterborough and Ely,
arriving home just before 3 pm.

It was well worth it, as combined with Sheffield defeat is a giant stride towards
automatic promotion.

Great write up and fantastic support DG . These away days are very tiring but a win makes it all worthwhile !

QPR have sacked McClaren. Shame as they might get the new manager push but hopefully not.

Leeds could be in trouble after their fans threw things at the Millwall players. They will get a fine as they did for Spygate.

Great report DG - Glad you got to see another win on the road and what a vital win it was! If we win our next 2 home games we might well clinch promotion at Wigan !

Let’s get it done and go up long before the last day ! A big party at Blackburn at home and Villa away would be great for all fans in Norfolk and exiles as well !

Fingers crossed , if we are promoted ahead of final home game I'd make arrangements to come up for it if I could get a ticket. Never have experienced a promotion party at home before due to living so far away ! Would be amazing. Whatever happens we CANNOT let it go down to final day away at Villa as that would be disastrous

I’ve seen a few promotion parties in my time , both at home and away . Charlton away in April 2010 when we won the League One title was probably the best . Nathan ... if you act quick as soon as tickets go on sale you will get one I am sure !

Cheers YB, I'll keep an eye out and will try and get them at earliest opportunity. I do have the VIP membership but I think that's more for priority with away games. I recall your video for the Charlton away day ! Looked an amazing atmosphere. The only one I've ever experienced was Wembley play off final which was one of the best days of my life! I've always gone to games in the promotion seasons that lead to the promotion but have never attended after promotion has been confirmed. Will have to change that this season!

I was in London this weekend and when leaving past Wembley the arch was lit up Yellow and Green - The first time I'd passed it directly since the play off final - I thought a good Omen for us to go on and win the league ! :grinning:

1554124654669.png

I’ve seen a few promotion parties in my time , both at home and away . Charlton away in April 2010 when we won the League One title was probably the best . Nathan ... if you act quick as soon as tickets go on sale you will get one I am sure !

This how we partied at Charlton as we went up back in April 2010

Great memories YB.
For some reason I thing we got separate ticket allocations so were not
together in the ground but we certainly were altogether in the pub afterwards
watching Northern's video.
Fantastic day out.

Great memories YB.
For some reason I thing we got separate ticket allocations so were not
together in the ground but we certainly were altogether in the pub afterwards
watching Northern's video.
Fantastic day out.

I`ll find up some pics of us all in the Antigallican, didnt I see you DG leaving the ground?