Team v Barnsley | Vital Football

Team v Barnsley

FCBEARS

Vital Football Legend
Mcgovern out for 16 weeks after pulling his hamstring. Must have been a bad one. Late call if Krul will be thrown in but happy to go with barden.

Placheta is able to return to the squad but not the starting line-up against Barnsley.

Rupp and Stiepermann will miss tomorrow but probably back for Cup third round game against Coventry.

As for the players with longer term injuries, Farke said the club will continue to give Sam Byram time to carry out his rehab.

Mumba and Hernandez are ahead of Adam Idah.

There's a chance in January they will be involved in training. With Adam, it will last perhaps two weeks longer but he's on a good way so more or less good news.

Regardless of who plays, the tactics will be the same.
We will play slow passing game and Barnsley will be ready for the obvious
and as on a good run with do more than go for a draw.

If the obsession with walking the ball into the net continues and we fail to score in the first half yet again, Barnsley will step up a gear and we will be in danger of not winning a home game yet again.

Regardless of who plays, the tactics will be the same.
We will play slow passing game and Barnsley will be ready for the obvious
and as on a good run with do more than go for a draw.

If the obsession with walking the ball into the net continues and we fail to score in the first half yet again, Barnsley will step up a gear and we will be in danger of not winning a home game yet again.
Its the pattern every game pretty much isnt it, especially at home. Thats why we when we win its usually by one goal, but there will be quite a few games where we will lose by a counter att or set piece or draw games where we’ve dominated possession but failed to put the ball in the net which our shot/goal ratio backs up.

Rupp seems to have a continuous hamstring problem.

I think DF will be desperate to get Krul in goal. I think Krul will play. What a boost that'd be.

If fit I'd go

Krul

Aarons
Hanley
Gibson
Xavi

Skipp
Sorensen

Cantwell
Emi
Martin

Pukki

I think Zimmermann should drop and get the left footed Gibson back in. Get a left back on the pitch too as we are constantly targeted down our left because of Sorensen.

Maybe move Sorensen to his actual position. The guy has looked good attacking and on the ball.

I'd like to see us with an actual winger and Martin looked good before he tired in his last game for us. Move emi/Cantwell to number 10 behind pukki

I see 4 Barnsley players are out of the gane tomorrow after testing positive for COVID. Is there a chance the gane could get called off? DF said he doesn't see why it should.

Mowatt
Chaplin
Collins
Miller

I see 4 Barnsley players are out of the gane tomorrow after testing positive for COVID. Is there a chance the gane could get called off? DF said he doesn't see why it should.

Mowatt
Chaplin
Collins
Miller
Thats handy for us if game does go ahead. Theyve scrubbed man city and fulham games for exact same reason though?!

Rupp seems to have a continuous hamstring problem.

I think DF will be desperate to get Krul in goal. I think Krul will play. What a boost that'd be.

If fit I'd go

Krul

Aarons
Hanley
Gibson
Xavi

Skipp
Sorensen

Cantwell
Emi
Martin

Pukki

I think Zimmermann should drop and get the left footed Gibson back in. Get a left back on the pitch too as we are constantly targeted down our left because of Sorensen.

Maybe move Sorensen to his actual position. The guy has looked good attacking and on the ball.

I'd like to see us with an actual winger and Martin looked good before he tired in his last game for us. Move emi/Cantwell to number 10 behind pukki
I believe that could be a very good set up Bears but will DF be brave enough.

Great to see Gibson and Krul back but Vrancic and McLean I am not sure if they should have played after the QPR game but if Vrancic has space he will be dangerous

Expect our left side to be the target of their attack....again.

Subs

Barden
Martin
Tettey
Hugill
Xavi
Zimmermann
Dowell
Omotoye
Omobamidele