Team Photos | Vital Football

Team Photos

The 72/73 was when I really knew all the team and how they played. Up until the premier season this was my favourite team

Some real characters from the past. Peter Suddaby used to live just round corner from us in Thornton

Paul Hart came to a Hornsea Pottery open day and took part in the 'Wellington boot throwing competition. He threw it all of 2 metres - straight into the ground!

is this the earliest Pool team photo? 1890
Free beer* on Saturday if you saw any of them play :grinning:

*must be accompanied with a parent

1890.jpg

Paul Hart came to a Hornsea Pottery open day and took part in the 'Wellington boot throwing competition. He threw it all of 2 metres - straight into the ground!

I would say he the best CH I have seen for the Mighty, absolutely immense. That is apart from Briggsy of course

Liked Suddaby, loved it when Briggsy chinned Ellis before he saw the light but for me there will only ever be 1 Pool centre half - Stan McEwan :love::wub::love::love::bow::bow:

Briggsy is my all time favorite player. Poor team with an entertainer off the ball, legend. Liked Stan McEwan and Hetzke as centre halves too.

Groves, Deary and Colin Morris but Suddick was amazing and then Alan Green of course.

Hatton, Walsh, O'Keefe up front

Burridge or Wood in goal

Also Eamonn O'Keefe - what a star. 23 goals for us in only 36 games. Ian Britton too, one of my favourites - sadly no longer with us.