Team of the Season So Far | Vital Football

Team of the Season So Far

That just goes to show that Sky don't know anything about League 2. The team that's 2nd 4 points behind the leaders (us) get 3 players in yet we who are top and clear by 4 points after just 12 matches get 1!

Sky should be renamed from sky Sports/Football to Sky let's wet ourselves about the top of the premier league (clowns :clown:)

And while Stevenage are doing excellently this season how can the team that is 5th have the manager of the season so far!

It may have escaped your attention but you may have noticed that I don't like sky :grinning:

Last edited:
If we had the 2nd or 3rd best player in each position we would probably still be the best team. it's not all about individuals.

How can you only have one player that’s top of the league in this team!? Not sure Bostwick’s been our best CB, let along player so far. That’s no discredit to him, more a reflection of the quality we have.

That just goes to show that Sky don't know anything about League 2.....

I read the article and it's just one man's opinion. I say "man" but he looks about 12 on his twitter profile.

Nevertheless, what does it mean, really? I've seen all the Lincoln games through ifollow, and now and again an opposition player might catch the eye (I can see the point about the Exeter keeper for example), but most of them are as memorable to me as they are to the Radio Lincs commentary team, who are rarely able to mention the opposition players by name.

In fact, we can't agree on the best City line up as is shown by the starting line up threads, so it really isn't worth getting hot under the collar about a piece of fluff like this which is just done to generate a bit of interest. Obviously, if you were going to include one of our defenders it would be Shackell, not Bostwick. Or maybe not?

Think it's brilliant to see Palmer in there. He's always got a miss in him (great clearance off the line at Sincil Bank) but you don't score the amount and type of goals he scores without having some sort of sixth sense.

I read the article and it's just one man's opinion. I say "man" but he looks about 12 on his twitter profile.

Nevertheless, what does it mean, really? I've seen all the Lincoln games through ifollow, and now and again an opposition player might catch the eye (I can see the point about the Exeter keeper for example), but most of them are as memorable to me as they are to the Radio Lincs commentary team, who are rarely able to mention the opposition players by name.

In fact, we can't agree on the best City line up as is shown by the starting line up threads, so it really isn't worth getting hot under the collar about a piece of fluff like this which is just done to generate a bit of interest. Obviously, if you were going to include one of our defenders it would be Shackell, not Bostwick. Or maybe not?

I agree with all that it's just typical lazy Sky journalism. Well I agree with all of that apart from not getting hot under the collar about Sky. I loathe Sky with a passion they even talk to the viewer like they are treating you as a moron! Maybe it will change now that Murdoch has sold up we will see! Until it does I will happily continue with my loathing for them :LOL:

I haven't seen every side play as yet, but if there is a better wide player than Andrade I can't wait to witness the performance!
As said by someone else, our league position isn't necessarily about having the best individual in every position, but I'm sure we do have in more instances than Jesus at CB.

Bit of a thread going on here, Manager of the month for September gets beat 6-0 at home, Manager of the team of the season ( so far ) loses last home game 8-0 !!
UTI.

I have always disliked this team of the week / month idea, meaningless twaddle. Unless the person making the selection has seen every minute of every game, it is completely subjective.