Team news | Page 8 | Vital Football

Team news

Watkins is a bog standard player maybe ship him out in summer....he should have been sold in January when offers came in and we could have just promoted a younger player

Watkins is a bog standard player maybe ship him out in summer....he should have been sold in January when offers came in and we could have just promoted a younger player

We will go nowhere with this team . If Madders goes we will need a new midfield and a new strike force . Can’t see the Board spending a penny though considering they are now begging for money for the academy . I guess we will have to buy the strikers ourselves.

Thanks Smith for refusing to allow investment in the club :clap:

Went to the game, Hull should have scored 2 in the first five minutes.

Gunn : Played well and kept us in it but did dropped two shots of but only one caused danger which he dealt with. Without him this would have been a cricket score.
Reed : Taking him off was a mistake as we lost shape when he went off, was unspectacular but didn't do anything wrong as far as I remember.
Hanely : Cleaned up messes more than once but a couple of times made his own by giving the ball away in some dangerous places.
Klose : Lost his man often, played teammates into trouble and had a terrible game.
Lewis : Looked petrified, didn't look like he wanted the ball and looked afraid of the physicality of the ball. For their first pen could easily have dealt with the ball over the top but failed to, only to get the wrong side and concede the penalty. They targeted him and Klose and it worked. (don't get me wrong I like Lewis and think he has a future but this was a bad game)
Leitner : Was ok before going off wasn't afraid to put his foot in bit like Reed didn't standout one way or another.
Tettey : Did ok can't think of him doing much wrong off the top of my head, won the ball back often and can't remember him giving it away much.
Hernandez : Only player to actually be direct and try beat a player other than Maddison, should have scored to put us in front but looked stuck between whether to pass or shoot so did neither and flicked it away.
Maddison : Without him we would be stuffed. Is the real driving force in our team and clearly better than anyone on the pitch.
Watkins : Isn't quick, isn't strong, technically average and doesn't seem to read the game very well. I would have taken him off instead of Hernandez.
Olivera : What the hell has happened to him? Doesn't seem to want to pass instead dribbles into dead ends and loses the ball. Shoots from anywhere but in a way that looks like he doesn't believe he will score and I don't think I saw him properly challenge for a header let alone win one. Would have taken him off for Srbeny. He is so static and fails to make runs even if it is to drag the defender to make space for others.

subs :
Pinto : Didn't have much to do down the right, more than once had loads of space to run into but no one played the ball to him.
Murphy : Never looked like he knew what he wanted to do or that he could beat his man.
Wes : Jinxed, turned and had no options. Probably not what we needed out there at the time.

We didn't have enough movement and just refused to cross the ball in and always tried to play our way in from the middle even if the option was there for a cross. I can only think of 1 non set piece cross and had someone made a near post run we would have equalised.

Also no idea what was going on with a normally solid defence. I would like to see Zimmermann come in for Klose or perhaps give Raggett a go. Olivera needs dropping for a couple of weeks also as he has been so poor. It's not like we will miss out on much.

Thanks for the write up and well done for going TH . Well , what the hell was that pen given against us for . CH5 showed it 3 times and couldn’t see any infringement. We woz robbed !!

It was the opposite end from us and had no idea what it was for. The ref had a real jeckle and hyde performance, I thought he did well in the first half but from the get go in the second half he seemed desperate to give things to Hull.

FCBEARS - 10/3/2018 02:26

Steve, can you watch these games on iFillow as you're living abroad?

Probably Bears if I'd joined up, but with daylight saving on here and not on in UK, game KO's at 01:00 in the morning and doesnt finish till around 03:00 and the sun comes up at 04:00 and it then gets very hot which isnt good sleeping conditions and staying up overnight at 67 tends to cactus the next day!! If I go fishing when I leave at 03:45 then I'll go to bed at 19:00 and sleep and get up for the game then rock off in the boat but the weathers been so bad with high seas and high winds for quite a while now havent had the oppo.

Dont like missing the games but then not missing much and this seasons cactus anyway. Looking forward to next season already!!!!

Also there's been some complaints I've noticed about I follow so seems as its a bit of a risk.

Michael Bailey certainly doesn’t mince his words in his video match report on the Pink Un site . This clown called Tim Robinson is obviously totally inept , and questions must be asked about the impartiality of this official in awarding that penalty . MB also points out that we have had this woeful bloke in charge at Reading away when strangely flying elbows went unpunished . I hope the EFL look carefully at the capabilities of this man