Team news Vs Stoke | Vital Football

Team news Vs Stoke

FCBEARS

Vital Football Legend
DF says that the 'injury news is getting worse and worse.'

Todd Cantwell out for 4 weeks.
Jordan Hugill out for 3 weeks.
Kenny McLean will also be out. He is getting worse and not better from his injury. Out longer term.

On Xavi he could be out for a long time now and DF has no return date but it will be a while.

He said:

He is also out, yes. It is so difficult to judge at the moment, because the scans are all fine but he is still symptomatic. We have not found the solution to his injury. I can't give you any good news on him, because all the scans are fine but we are struggling to find the right solution to this. It is a big blow for him and a big blow for us.'

Intertesing that Xavi had this same issue back in 2016 which kept him out for a month and then a few months later the same muscle injury that kept him out for 2 months. He could have a weakness as he is now struggling with this muscle issue and could be out for a long while - McCallum to come back in January?

No thoughts of brining Leitner and Drmic back in as the squad is very thin but DF will look to the u23 or have no one on the bench to fill injured players.

DF pushed and says that McLean will at the moment be out for at least 6 weeks.

Lots of muscle injuries - hard training?

DF says that because of these injuries he is going to have to find creative solutions to his side - three GKs on the bench?

DF confirms that Xavi is going back to Villareal as they might be able to find the issue. DF says the language barrier might not be helping. Xavi now saying he has a hip issue along with his muscle injury but the Norwich doctors can't find the issue. He is a Villareal player and they want to make sure all is being done.

DF says that he has not had a full team training session this season and that isn't acceptable. He say that we can deal with it short term but long term it isn't good for us.

'We have young players and they have to develop but I can't remember the last time we had a full team training session. In the long term picture for football this is not a healthy picture. We can handle it over a few weeks, this situation, but now it has been for seven or eight weeks. It is tricky to say that we are heading in the right direction (within football) for this and we have to find solutions for this and take one step back in terms of the load. I understand that it is money and it is a business, but you can't forget that you are working with human beings. '

So with all them out and Rupp looking likely to miss out I would go:

Krul

Aarons
Hanley
Gibson
Sorensen

Tettey
Skipp

Placheta
Vrancic
Emi

Pukki

Subs

McGovern - Zimmermann - Stiepermann - Martin - (After this we are out of 1st teamers which is scary) - Omobamidele - McAlear - Giurgi - Dennis - Nizet

9 subs allowed but I have a feeling DF will not use them and we will only have 5 on the bench with two being GKs - DF sending a message to Webber.

If he does this it is silly as we have some good youngsters who would love to get on the bench.

It seems to be players are getting injuries that are worse than first thought or they are picking up new injuries whilst injured.

So can we read much into the u23s today? They had no Barden, Omobamidele , Lomas, McAlear, Milovanovic. Will any of them be on the bench tomorrow (Obviously DF will pick two GKs again for some reason and McAlear but still leaves 4 spaces).

Last edited:
So we are down to 1 forward, 0 left backs, 1 right back, 3 central defenders, 3 central midfielders, 2 wingers and 2 attacking midfielders.

1 forward for at a month if pukki gets injured We will be playing stiepermann upfront!

DF isn't entertaining the idea of drmic or leitner.

He said drmic hasn't even met any of the new players and not been around the club for months (easy money). DF said if pukki gets a knock and is put for say 10 weeks then maybe drmic will be a thought but he would need a month to get fit as he hasn't trained in months and hugill would be back by then.....So basically if pukki is out for longer than a month we will just do all we can until hugill gets back in a month.

So for 8 ganes we would go with 0 forwards if that happens....please stay fit pukki.

So we are down to 1 forward, 0 left backs, 1 right back, 3 central defenders, 3 central midfielders, 2 wingers and 2 attacking midfielders.

1 forward for at a month if pukki gets injured We will be playing stiepermann upfront!

DF isn't entertaining the idea of drmic or leitner.

He said drmic hasn't even met any of the new players and not been around the club for months (easy money). DF said if pukki gets a knock and is put for say 10 weeks then maybe drmic will be a thought but he would need a month to get fit as he hasn't trained in months and hugill would be back by then.....So basically if pukki is out for longer than a month we will just do all we can until hugill gets back in a month.

So for 8 ganes we would go with 0 forwards if that happens....please stay fit pukki.

To be honest I would rather one of the younger lads be promoted than Drmic, hell I would rather we played without a striker than him. His attitude was just so bad I wouldn't want him around any of our players. I am a fan of Leitners ability and don't know what happened between him and Farke. Unless it was something really bad I would welcome him back into the fold.

To be honest I would rather one of the younger lads be promoted than Drmic, hell I would rather we played without a striker than him. His attitude was just so bad I wouldn't want him around any of our players. I am a fan of Leitners ability and don't know what happened between him and Farke. Unless it was something really bad I would welcome him back into the fold.
Oh I agree.

So with all them out and Rupp looking likely to miss out I would go:

Krul

Aarons
Hanley
Gibson
Sorensen

Tettey
Skipp

Placheta
Vrancic
Emi

Pukki

Subs

McGovern - Zimmermann - Stiepermann - Martin - (After this we are out of 1st teamers which is scary) - Omobamidele - McAlear - Giurgi - Dennis - Nizet
I think I might put SuperMario with Oliver and JM with Emi and Placheta