Team for Stoke (and maybe Leeds) | Page 2 | Vital Football

Team for Stoke (and maybe Leeds)

Tonights side is exactly the same side that would have lined up if we had won 3-0 on Satdy.
Players out of position all over the park. Pointless exercise.

Had the players in for extra training on Sunday, fair enough they deserve it, then give them a night off in front of the telly on Tuesday, then the same flops will be in the starting eleven again on Saturday against Leeds.

Yeah well done Cook you bloody fraud!

In honesty, I'm not that bothered about the result tonight. Obviously I'd love for us to win that cup, but the probability of our doing so is just so minute... I just think we need to focus on other things.

In honesty, I'm not that bothered about the result tonight. Obviously I'd love for us to win that cup, but the probability of our doing so is just so minute... I just think we need to focus on other things.
Now Will, we now have two banks of players or basically on paper a supposedly strong squad. Throwing games away by continuously playing players out of position is not right. Win and progress and it gives all players a chance to slot in and out of a system and get match practice. It seems like Cook thinks the way you do by his continued ideas that square pegs fit in round holes to win games. They don't as demonstrated on Saturday and again tonight.

A few thousand tonight were bothered thats why they forked out £15, you seem to have the same attitude as a good few of our players.

So pre-season continues and common sense doesn't. That line up is giving Saturdays flops a night off. How the bloody hell do we accomadate all the players to be playing in position? Two right wingers FFS. Thing is if we had won on Saturday this same clownish pissing about would have occured.

Or maybe it was a call to the second string to say that if they came in and did well they'd be considered for upcoming games?
To be fair, we HAVE got ourselves 2 teams we can put out, which is the first time for a while.

Half 'a guinari for me bloody life story!

There's just no pleasing some folk!

That's just what Jesus said....

Or maybe it was a call to the second string to say that if they came in and did well they'd be considered for upcoming games?
To be fair, we HAVE got ourselves 2 teams we can put out, which is the first time for a while.

Half 'a guinari for me bloody life story!

There's just no pleasing some folk!

That's just what Jesus said....
Just look up the page at my reply to Will. I am in agreement but we have two banks of players so we shouldn't be playing players out of position to get the best out of them. That's bloody stupid just like the idiocy on Saturday.

Cos it's Coo
Just look up the page at my reply to Will. I am in agreement but we have two banks of players so we shouldn't be playing players out of position to get the best out of them. That's bloody stupid just like the idiocy on Saturday.
Cracking word that Idiocy,had to google it,never heard it before?

I'll give you a clue Antony. Two right wingers so one was out of position. Is Roberts not a winger? Is Naismith not a winger? How do we get four wingers onto two wings?
Roberts has never been a winger, a wide midfielder maybe but never been a winger!

I'll give you a clue Antony. Two right wingers so one was out of position. Is Roberts not a winger? Is Naismith not a winger? How do we get four wingers onto two wings?
Naismith has never been used as a winger at this club, full back mainly and on Saturday became a centre half! So to call him a winger, nonsense!!

Well they had a go but this team was never going to win tonight. Far too many changes.

'They had a go'...not sure what game u watched formby....the one I watched was dreadful, like a team that had neither seen or trained with each other....awful, disjointed & way off the play. Made Sjoke look like world beaters with acres of space & time on the ball.

Naismith has never been used as a winger at this club, full back mainly and on Saturday became a centre half! So to call him a winger, nonsense!!
My God! That's what he is. Wide player winger on the left. It's where he actually isn't too bad. Full back/ centre half is where he shouldn't be playing when we have two left backs and ample centre backs. Lowe or Massey are right sided midfielders or wingers and should be playing there. Why complicate the simple?