Team for Stevenage. | Vital Football

Team for Stevenage.

devonexlondonimp

Vital 1st Team Regular
Harry missing,Bossie potentially injured as is Frecklington.

Personally i would like to freshen up the side a little(no fence sitting) as of late confidence seems low in some performers.

Smith
back 4 Shackell(signing of the season)Eardley,Toffolo and Bossie if even half fit)...not totally impressed by Bolger,still bedding in.
holding 1 O `connor
offensive midfielder o`Hara(got good reports about him from Posh fans on train home Saturday night.)
They called him box to box and that`s what we need,bodies in the opposition box.

2 wide options Bruno and Rowe(prefer him in 10 role but H is suspended)

Obviously Big John up top and as long as we keep initiating attacks from Shack`s left peg then Matt Rhead slightly deeper so John Akinde can attack that second ball that the legend always wins in the air.
use Pett later in the game to rest Matt when we are 2-0 up.

Stevenage away was a tight game and we created little but they have 2 suspended plus lost Ben Kennedy to Newport........a decent midfielder.
Welcome back Paul Farman.

Why play a half-fit Bostwick when you’ve got Wilson as an option? I really rate Wilson as a centre-back and would tempted to stick him in there ahead of Bolger and a ‘half-fit’ Bozzie. I do agree though we need to get more bodies in the box as we are a little on the negative side at times.

Personally i would like to freshen up the side a little(no fence sitting) as of late confidence seems low in some performers.

Smith
back 4 Shackell(signing of the season)Eardley,Toffolo and Bossie if even half fit)...not totally impressed by Bolger,still bedding in.
holding 1 O `connor
offensive midfielder o`Hara(got good reports about him from Posh fans on train home Saturday night.)
They called him box to box and that`s what we need,bodies in the opposition box.

Obviously Big John up top and as long as we keep initiating attacks from Shack`s left peg then Matt Rhead slightly deeper so John Akinde can attack that second ball that the legend always wins in the air.

Stevenage away was a tight game and we created little but they have 2 suspended plus lost Ben Kennedy to Newport........a decent midfielder.

If Pauls in goal shoot from distance, he doesn't deal with those very well !

Why play a half-fit Bostwick when you’ve got Wilson as an option? I really rate Wilson as a centre-back and would tempted to stick him in there ahead of Bolger and a ‘half-fit’ Bozzie. I do agree though we need to get more bodies in the box as we are a little on the negative side at times.

Wasn’t in the squad at the weekend was he?

Bolger needs games to settle in. He’s had a few poor clearances and a couple of shaky moments but he looks a player. I don’t think it’s right to drop him so early.

Wilson has had a few games at right back and didn`t impress and rarely in his main slot but a half fit Bossie is still better than a fit Wilson.there are 1 or 2 up for a slot in the back four if Bossie is out.
Agree on Wilson in front of Bolger.....still bedding in.

Smith
holding 1 O `connor

just about agree with you, but would give McCartan 60 mins.

Don't forget Roberts, I think he'd be wanting to impress given the opportunity. I think he did get on at Bury, but didn't get into the game.

I thought Bolger was really good after a shaky start on Saturday. Strange how people have forgotten Shackell's two hospital passes in the first half but Bolger's few mistakes get remembered.
I think we need to remind ourselves how bad the conditions were on saturday.

Smith
Eardley Bolger Shackell Toffolo
Pett O'Connor
Rowe McCartan Andrade
Akinde

Vickers Wilson Brown Bostwick Roberts Angol +1 youth player

Smith
Eardley Bolger Shackell Toffolo
Pett O'Connor
Rowe McCartan Andrade
Akinde

Vickers Wilson Brown Bostwick Roberts Angol +1 youth player
What , the legend doesn`t even make the bench.
Has he rung in sick already or those piles kicked in early.
I can see DC going with your selected 11.

As an aside looking at the odds, at 5-1 Stevenage are the longest odds you can get on a straightforward win / draw / lose bet in L2 on Saturday. It doesn't feel that much of a banker.

You and i know Farman is going to have the game of his life against Lincoln,but he does blow on the long ones.
check out 1.06 of this link.......it`s monster?

I noticed on the promotion video clips of 2016/17 season he struggles with low shots from outside the box, really like Paul, great guy, just hope he brings his 'b' game on Saturday !