Team for Saturday | Vital Football

Team for Saturday

chillychrisy

Vital Newbie
Slightly tongue-in-cheek but also slightly serious -- how about a team with no French speakers???

Harper
Simpson - Collo - Willo - Taylor
Gosling - Perch - Bigi - Jonas
Shola - Campbell

Bigi is from Burundi so his first language is Kirundi - French is only his second language.
Not sure who'd be on the bench...

Perfect team for the championship mind you.A team consisting of Perch,Willo,Gosling we are getting desperate with that team i reckon

Tavernier at right/left back and Taylor defensive midfield??

I havent figured-out whether this will also allow all left-footers on the right and all right-footers on the left

I wouldn't put it past Pardew to do that if the stories of the French have turned against him, and partly it would be justified

We've always had problems with Frenchies at the toon over the years. Sulky bastards when things are not going their way.

It was on the medias agenda as soon as we signed a shit load in January, and Gary Nevilles mild xenaphobic outburst on MNF last night demonstrated how much our scouting system has got up peoples nose

I reckon we go with a good old 442

Eliott
Simpson Taylor Colo Perch/Haidara
Ben Arfa Cabaye Sissoko Jonas
Cisse Shola

Back to basics, Sissoko in his supposedly preferred holding role, 2 strikers so Cisse isn't isolated....easy.

manx_toon - 30/4/2013 11:02

Eliott
Cisse Shola

Back to basics, Sissoko in his supposedly preferred holding role, 2 strikers so Cisse isn't isolated....easy.

Why Jonas mate? he offers nothing.

cameron-nufc - 30/4/2013 11:03

manx_toon - 30/4/2013 11:02

Eliott
Cisse Shola

Why Jonas mate? he offers nothing.

I'm starting to think that Pardews persistence with Jonas has more to do with holding strong against the french clique. What with him being part of Colo's crew.

This could end up like West side story

I reckon Pardew will be trawling old videos from last season this week in order to find out which system favoured us best last year.

He's been given a warning from Ashley so will sacrifice his tactics surely.

We don't need a cluttered midfield and I reckon it'll be this.

Elliot

Simpson, Jonas, Saylor, Colo, Mbiwa, Haidara,
Tiote
Cabaye, Sissoko
Cisse.

A flat back 6.

No, seriously, it has to be this.

Elliot

Simpson, Saylor, Coloccini, Haidara

Cabaye, Tiote, Sissoko

Ben Arfa, Cisse, Gouffran

I'd Go Elliot, Simpson, Taylor, Colo, Haidara, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Sissoko, Marveux (if fit, Jonas if not), Shola, Cisse. If we're gonna go long ball (which we all know we'll end up doing) we might as well have someone up there who stands a chance (albeit only a slight one) of getting on the end of it.

I'd say Jonas because he will graft and help out Haidara, albeit he may not be the best player there. We need him to offer us width so we can stretch teams. I really like the look of Marveaux so would have him in instead perhaps if he is fit.

We can't afford to sit back, we need the wins. That's why I reckon 442 and ditch the 2 holding midfielders. However, I agree with the TNMW team above also. We need a disciplined performance this weekend, players holding position and doing their jobs. Too many go missing too easily/often.

Can't see us getting another point with Pardew in charge. He hasn't got a clue, the Frenchie's know it and are rebelling (AND surrendering in droves, which they do on occasion) Last night's makem mauling by Villa now has US with an inferior goal diff, and every other club fighting tooth and nail, and Newcastle players giving up.