Team for Preston | Page 4 | Vital Football

Team for Preston

You know life is good when a player like Pilkington won't be missed, not saying that in a bad way, more a compliment to the abundance of options in the squad. Personally feel Pilks offers something different than Massey and Lowe in terms of his experience, and trickery.

Last season when Jacobs and Massey got injured we struggled, now with the likes of Lowe, Bright, Naismith (who by the way is probably our best crosser of the ball) being able to player in his best position, Lang, Roberts, even Windass, can just easily come into the side without any impact to losing options in other areas of the pitch.

Players will get injured or suspended this season, and we are fully equipped to deal with that. Squad game.

More importantly now, players will now have the challenge of compeition in the side, Cook should now feel comfortable dropping someone if they are not peforming, last season that was an issue, some players were woeful, but kept getting picked because who else was there? If someone like Jacobs or Morsy, or whoever start to have a very poor run of games, then Cook has an easier time dropping them.

Make the players earn their spot by their peformances.

Last edited:
I think tomorrow has extra significance that isn't obvious on the face of it:

Last season Preston seemed to change course of our fortunes, we got utterly got battered and it felt like we almost never recovered until the very end of the season. If we can get a win tomorrow i think it will exercise those deamons and give us belief that we have genuinely come a long way.

Also our away record last season was so herrendous getting an away win immedietely would go a long way to stopping that psychological block creeping back in.

I think it will be a tough game tomorrow and obviously we want to win every game - but i think it's one of those games that will help set the tone of the season. We had a good start last week but a win tomorrow would really get the momentum flowing and once you get the belief and positivity in the camp it can carry you a long way.

Marshall
Byrne kipre Fox Robinson
Macleod Morsy
Windass Evans Lowe
Garner
Subs: Sterling dunks Williams Massey Jacobs Gelhardt Moore
Evans thrived in that further forward role last season and will drop in and help if things heat up in the middle. Pace to burn out wide, get at them.