Team for Preston | Page 2 | Vital Football

Team for Preston

Same team for me. Massey and Lowe can come on and change it if needed. Or if we nick a goal more pace for the counter.

I wouldn't change anything other than bringing Morsy on to the bench. Personally I wouldn't want to muck around witha winning formula at this stage of the season. I'd have a toss up over whether Sterling got on the bench at the expense of Gelhardt just to give us that bit more defensive option for an away game.

He's not be red carded in about 3 years - he's very good at getting right up to the line but not crossing it. As others have said considering what Cardiff got away with he'd have probably not even got a yellow.

We don't play better without Morsy he's one of our best players.

Dont you think problem with morsy is lack of pace something telling me he might be gone tomorrow

Start Evans on the left or drop him to the bench and play Morsy with Mcleod. Evan's is suited to the left and Morsy on the right yet we play them the wrong way around. Mcleod with his positioning could probably play either side.

Also Evan's cover's for fullback's, something that Morsy doesn't do, with Robinson being more attack minded it gives us better structure.

Got to be honest I think Anthony pilkington is very unlucky to be dropped from most people’s side, he was fantastic against Cardiff. I don’t think you can change it we were excellent no one deserves to be dropped except perhaps Marshall but he improved second half and he’s still new.

Don’t change a winning formula

Can't see Cook changing the team based on the second half performance,unless Morsy is fully fit,then he comes in for Macleod. I don't rate Dunkley or Kipre in this league,but with no option it's either or.

Can't see Cook changing the team based on the second half performance,unless Morsy is fully fit,then he comes in for Macleod. I don't rate Dunkley or Kipre in this league,but with no option it's either or.

Unless we can use Morsy and cash as bait for another centre half. :hmmm:

I don't mind him in the team, as like Mightytics says above, he does have some strengths.

However, I would consider his weaknesses to be:
- not the fastest
- very one footed
- not sufficiently creative (though he can be)

He's competing with McLeod I think. Given their respective record and reputation, I think they'll both get game time.

We did not miss him vs Cardiff and that is nothing against Morsy at all, Macleod and Evans played well, íts more a compliment towards the depth of the squad than anything.

But I completley agree with Mightytics, he has attributes some other midfielders don't have (not seen Williams yet) and for away games, he should be the first on the teamsheet.

For once, there are good options in the squad, different style players which can be used for different situations.

Other team has a slow left back? Play Lowe, other team has a pacey left back? Play Massey. Slow centrebacks? Play Windass. Intelligent, quick centrebacks? Play Macleod or someone who can thread in good balls.

Want to control and attack the game? Play Evans and Macleod, need bite in midfield if we are going to be on the back foot, play Williams or Morsy.

Personally, with the depth we have, we should be playing or starting players based on the intel we have for each team. Use our squad as a strength. Keeping a winning team is all well and good but relying on that, will make us seem predictable in the long run.

But that is my analysis of the game.

I don't mind him in the team, as like Mightytics says above, he does have some strengths.

However, I would consider his weaknesses to be:
- not the fastest
- very one footed
- not sufficiently creative (though he can be)

He's competing with McLeod I think. Given their respective record and reputation, I think they'll both get game time.

Morsy is our captain. He’ll play above McLeod when fit.