Team for Leeds | Page 2 | Vital Football

Team for Leeds

C.Latic, did u see Mulgrew on pitch last night? First 5 min whilst going forward he was ok as nothing coming his way but after that he looked flustered & far from calm. As the game progressed he got worse, I'm just hoping it was a bad day at the office but I'm not so sure he'd fare any better against a quick tempo Leeds.
I didn’t go and haven’t seen any game footage to be fair. I’ve always assumed that he’s good with the ball at his feet though and has a decent record against Leeds since he played in Blackburn’s win against them last season. Plus Fox is still in my bad books after last week.

To be honest I wouldn’t be against us playing a back three, these lot will run us ragged man to man, we need to treat it like an away game and hit them with pace on the break. Morsy needs to be tasked with sticking to Pablo Hernandez like a fly on shit. We’ve also got to find a way to stop Bamford getting his customary goal against us.

I didn’t go and haven’t seen any game footage to be fair. I’ve always assumed that he’s good with the ball at his feet though and has a decent record against Leeds since he played in Blackburn’s win against them last season. Plus Fox is still in my bad books after last week.

To be honest I wouldn’t be against us playing a back three, these lot will run us ragged man to man, we need to treat it like an away game and hit them with pace on the break. Morsy needs to be tasked with sticking to Pablo Hernandez like a fly on shit. We’ve also got to find a way to stop Bamford getting his customary goal against us.

TBF C.Latic going to the game last night n seeing Mulgrew as captain I thot this shud be good, an old head sorting out the young lads n giving it to the Stoke player - sadly didn't happen, as said I just hope it was a bad day at the office.

Jones in goal, he is better than Marshall, Dunc and Max with Byrne and Robinson Morsey if fit with Williams Jacobs and Massey with Moore up front with Lowe.

Two league games in and people are already calling for Jones. I said folk wouldn’t realise how well Walton did for us until he was gone, but I didn’t realise it would be this soon!

From what iv heard/read from Tuesdays match & saw at Preston i think only Williams & Jones have done enough to get into the team, possibly Moore too, dont expect Marshall to be dropped yet so Williams & possibly Moore to get in the team, will be disapointed if they aren't.

Can’t keep changing the defence/ goalkeeper based on 1/2 performances. It takes time for a defensive unit to gel but that won’t happen if they don’t know who they’ll be lining up with each week.

Up front you’d have to think it’ll be a case of Moore and Windass doing what Clarke and Massey did against them last season.

Maybe bring in Massey just to bring up some old demons from last year if he’s up for it.

Williams and morsy midfield if they’re fit for it but get a feeling they won’t both be. Reckon we would have seen 20 mins of morsy on Tuesday if he was going to play at weekend.

Probably fair to say that we’ll more than likely see at least 7/8 changes from the stoke game.

If kipre plays we will get ripped apart
I seem to recall the last time we played Leeds that Kipre saved a "goal" on the line and then was wrongly sent off for "hand ball", so he was proving his worth then until the useless ref decided to try to hand the game to Leeds on a plate.
Leeds players now saying they "owe us one" for that defeat !
How do they "owe us one"? Saying that sounds like we cheated or got away with something, in fact if anyone owes anyone anything its them owing us for the wrongful sending off of Kipre

I think I would pick

JONES

BYRNE
DUNKERLY
KIPRE/ FOX if fit
ROBINSON

WILLIAMS
MORSY
EVANS

LOWE
WINDASS
MOORE

As a side note, I hear it's raining heavily up there and I notice the rugby are playing at home tonight, the pitch has been superb lately, so let's hope it holds up!

As a side note, I hear it's raining heavily up there and I notice the rugby are playing at home tonight, the pitch has been superb lately, so let's hope it holds up!
Hopefully it doesn’t. We’ve got a far better chance of beating Leeds on a cut up pitch than a carpet.

It won’t be cut up. Thank goodness, as we won’t be able to play otherwise.

We beat Man City on a cut up pitch.....
But did we play, or did we watch Man City play?
Results in football are not always dictated by how you play, but they are always dictated by how many goals are scored.

But did we play, or did we watch Man City play?
Results in football are not always dictated by how you play, but they are always dictated by how many goals are scored.

Yes we did play and we did beat Man City.
:wahey:

A non head scratching 2pm moment when team is announced with round pegs in round holes would be a step forward.
Don't expect a win today but do expect 100% all round.