Team for Ipswich | Page 4 | Vital Football

Team for Ipswich

Ahhh that's a big shame. I feel sorry for the boys, that 2nd half was really good.

Also, Akinde showed there why there is no chance we were looking to offload him this summer.

Deserved a draw tonight. First half we were hanging on and did well to end it level. For me, and I know the usual protagonists of blowing smoke up the arse of the other team will dispute this, but Ipswich looked pretty average - kept the ball well during the last ten of the first half, but beside that, pretty average. All in, a game we deserved to a and should have drawn and we didn't. That's four poor defeats on the bounce - Saturday is a draw minimum, I'm afraid. Let's be honest, most of us like Evans, no one likes the way he plays unless we win games, and Scally certainly won't like the fiction he comes out with about our budget, if Evans isn't producing on the pitch.

As others have indicated Akinde earned his corn tonight and put Samuel to shame. MacDonald definitely worth his place, Tucker regaining his form, Medley continuing to improve and Fortunately Walsh recovered from early nerves to have a decent game. How lucky are we to have Graham on board.

I over reacted to Mick Mils, negative comments about us first half but he was right about a lot and generous enou€gh to acknowledge our improvement. No points but some pride and something to build on.