Team for Ipswich | Vital Football

Team for Ipswich

Broncos77

Vital Youth Team
Assuming it goes ahead...

Its time to give the 'kids' in central defence and midfield some solidity around them

So lets play 4-2-3-1; get McKenzie and MacDonald in front of back 4 and put Samuel as lone striker, giving Graham a completely free role; Akinde & Coyle on bench for last 20 mins if we're 2 down

Bonham; Jackson, Tucker, Maghoma, Medley; McKenzie, MacDonald; Graham, Eccles, Robertson; Samuel;

then Ogilvie for Magh on Saturday

Then can review when we get those injured back , esp Dempsey, but I'd like McKenzie to continue in front of central defence playing the role O'Keefe did last season

Ipswich have virtually no strikers, and Sunderland dont score many so we could get a point from each game, or sneak a 1-0 if Samuel can con a pen - he has had quite a lot of practice!

If we do bring in a free-agent player lets hope its one with experience of this level, not another 'young kid'

No preview interview on iFollow (yet?) and no post-game interviews from Fleetwood; guess we know what Evans would say - we wuz robbed!
Watching highlights shows Graham created 5 good chances - 3 crosses, 2 passes; all missed ; he could be a target for Champ. clubs come Jan, not sure how we'd create without him

No preview interview on iFollow (yet?) and no post-game interviews from Fleetwood; guess we know what Evans would say - we wuz robbed!
Watching highlights shows Graham created 5 good chances - 3 crosses, 2 passes; all missed ; he could be a target for Champ. clubs come Jan, not sure how we'd create without him

There were post game interviews. Steve talked about the fact the game should have been postponed. And also said we should have been 2 or 3 up at half time but then weren’t good enough in the 2nd half.

I really wondered at the signing of MacDonald and his size and shape on first showing lowered my expectations further. He did well on Saturday however and, crucially in this group, he looks hard to shake off the ball. The younger players often seem to win the initial challenge only to lose out when the opposition player reacts.

I really wondered at the signing of MacDonald and his size and shape on first showing lowered my expectations further. He did well on Saturday however and, crucially in this group, he looks hard to shake off the ball. The younger players often seem to win the initial challenge only to lose out when the opposition player reacts.
Agree jogills.
You wouldn’t have even known Willock came on.
At the level that they are used to, physical tackles are rare. It’s all about moving the ball.

Tonight's team:

Bonham, Jackson, Tucker, Maghoma, Medley, McKenzie, Dempsey, MacDonald, Graham, Samuel, Akinde

Subs: Walsh, Eccles, Robertson, Woods, Willock, Coyle, Oliver

So Dempsey appears to be fit, and Oliver at least fit enough for a place on the bench

Pretty much the team Broncos called for, in fact, with the exception of Dempsey in for Eccles.
Yes good move - I hadn't expected Dempsey to be fit, so would just have preferred Robertson instead of Akinde to be more solid; all the 'kids' on the bench, except 3 of back 4 where no choice

Would rather see Coyle in for Akinde. Just don't think over his time here Akinde has delivered or showed enough to warrant starting games.

I agree but we would need to change our style to incorporate Coyle. Akinde is the big target man for the continuous long balls pumped upfield from our defenders. Coyle alongside Akinde might work.