Tayo to Blackburn? | Page 6 | Vital Football

Tayo to Blackburn?

Decent business at £500k, although he will be badly missed with Bramall - signed to be our first choice left back - not as yet living up to expectations. Which also explains MA's interest in Robson.

I think Edun will get a very well deserved move to the championship, I just hope he chooses the right team. As far as I’m aware, Blackburn are a well run club these days so think it would be a good move for him.

The other club I heard might be in for him are Bournemouth. Not sure if true or not.
Bet the Blackburn lot will be well chuffed with that description!

Pickering's deal was officially undisclosed but the 650k as Luke said seems to have been reported locally by a couple of sources.

It's good business by the club to be fair especially if they can get Robson in for the reported 150k mooted a few weeks ago

Crewe sold Pickering another left back to Blackburn for 800k which included a loan for half a season back to Crewe. Considering Tayo can perform in two positions, i'd want to see the deal being £500k plus a sell-on and add-ons taking it to 7 figures.
I'll rephrase my question then, what's the going rate for a L1 left back going in as cover for £800k left back in Championship.

Last edited:
Edun and Robson are practically the same age (Robson is 3 months older) but Robson has played three times as many matches, could be a really good signing.
Good surname...

I keep seeing the point made that he has one year left on his contract so should be cheaper. But why (bearing in mind the club's stated aim of bringing in young players, developing them and selling them for big bucks) do we allow players to get this close to the end of their contracts before selling them? Surely everyone could see Edun's improvements last season justified an extension? There's no doubt that Blackburn are the team who has done best out of this deal if true.

I keep seeing the point made that he has one year left on his contract so should be cheaper. But why (bearing in mind the club's stated aim of bringing in young players, developing them and selling them for big bucks) do we allow players to get this close to the end of their contracts before selling them? Surely everyone could see Edun's improvements last season justified an extension? There's no doubt that Blackburn are the team who has done best out of this deal if true.
Perhaps he has been/was offered one but has decided not to sign. It's a two way street.

I doubt that there’s no doubt.

Football Insider also reporting that Blackburn have had a £500k bid accepted by the Imps for Tayo.

Mark Whiley, has just tweeted if and when he goes it's on Lincoln terms with a replacement lined up. Attacking player and keeper being worked on.