Tayo Edun Interview Thursday 13th- What Have We Become?!! | Vital Football

Tayo Edun Interview Thursday 13th- What Have We Become?!!

StrangelyBrown

Vital Squad Member

I have just watched the Tayo Edun interview from Thursday and am pretty stunned.

This is a young player, on a 2 and 1/2 year deal, who has been here 5 weeks talking about how he is having to learn to deal with the negativity from the home fans at SB and how the more experienced players are having to support the younger players during a game. When asked about the crowd and atmosphere, he isn't extolling how great the crowd is, how we always have his back, how much he looks forward to playing in front of us......he is explaining how his mind is already aware of the negativity and thinking how to deal with it which means he isn't thinking about his play but how home fans will react to his play.

What the hell have we turned into? Of course, in football, players will experience crowd reaction and learn to deal with it but we are hardly Notts County from last season on a freefall into a lower league and we have a young team which needs support and encouragement.

I am simply gutted that we have managed to make a young player feel so unwelcome after 5 weeks- I can guarantee he will not be selling the virtues of Lincoln City to any of his colleagues and we are making it much harder to get the right players in post season.

Embarrassed and ashamed is how we should feel.

Get a grip. Embarrassed and ashamed? There were a tiny minority of people who booed once early in the first half. Other than that there was plenty of chanting, clapping and encouragement. There isn't a crowd in the world that went make the occasional moan or groan. I think we provide one of the best atmospheres in the lower leagues for any player to play in.

I think you've completely over analysed and misinterpreted what he was saying, SB. A story out of nothing.

He was asked about the differences between U23 and first team football, then the atmosphere difference (not specifically Sincil Bank) and said that if he makes a mistake than the crowd *might* get on his back. Nothing he's said is incorrect or a particularly damning against us. He made absolutely no reference to the Sincil Bank crowd. And he said the experienced players will keep encouraging the younger ones if they make a mistake. Again, pretty standard stuff.

Sorry all but I disagree with the above.

Even MA mentioned the crowd "edginess" against MK Dons in his post match interview and how the younger players mentioned it in the dressing room after the game- this isn't one or two fans. This is much much more than that.

However, time will tell who is right and wrong. We'll see what our post season transfer window looks like (considering we only have about 9 players in contract, it should look pretty busy) and whether we can attract some decent signings and loanees to SB.

Entitlement such a wonderful thing in fans when they think the good times will last forever.
We all need to pull together but it's pretty obvious that factions are clearly developing, sad to see but those who like to run the club down have re-emerged.
I'm sure fans of Blackpool and Shrewsbury are equally as worried about things if not more so.