Taylor Loses FA Appeal | Page 2 | Vital Football

Taylor Loses FA Appeal

Silhillvilla - 1/10/2017 09:02

For the Kodija Miss incident when he should of squared it, the initial ball through, Kodija looked at least 5 yards offside ?! Can anyone confirm or deny that

He looked off to me but I sit 20 yards back from it on the HW line , so I don't really count .

He was a selfish greedy bastard though. Can you imagine Albert not squaring it to him , I know I can't either

Watching united and Tottenham yesterday on MOTD, even when they're 3-0 up their players aren't particularly selfish, they still continue to play like it's 0-0 to up the score.

We're still at 0-0 at the point Codger does that (or doesn't do what he should've done), for me that's criminal. Hope calderwood gets in his ear about that

The worst ref in the world is always the last one.

Can't be 100% certain from the replay, depends on how fast Kodjia is moving, but the odds are that he was offside.

Paying Hutton at left back is bizarre and Thor not much better. I'd give Bree or De Laet a go, or even Clark. But don't think Bruce will.

Kodjia is a goal-scorer; to be that he has a go when he sees a chance. Doesn't always get it right, but I'd rather that than somebody who thinks about it and then the chance goes. Yep he had better options on this occasion, but he does do passing when the chances aren't there. I wouldn't worry about it.

About the Kodjia chance , Harry Kane did the same thing yesterday and no-one is having a go at him. He just has to score as many as Kane and we wont mind either.
Taylor doesn't look to me like a player who likes a good tackle, he would rather protect himself first and then worry about the ball afterwards. Doesn.t seem to have learned from the Seamus Coleman incident. Similar kind of challenge.

sirdennis - 30/9/2017 21:41

Hutton was awful when he played left back the other night in the cup game. He positional sense was even worse than when he plays right back.

Christ on a bike, that is saying something!!

Please don't play hutton at left back , he is shit and will cost us against wolves.

pvb1968 - 1/10/2017 21:46

Please don't play hutton at left back , he is shit and will cost us against wolves.

I'd be more worried about our two central midfielders than the left back , Taylor is nothing special . With 30 players at his disposal he should be able to find one to play left back

Could see the return of 3 at the back. Hope not. It won't work.

The odd time I've seen de Laet he's looked OK, and I reckon he'd do a job at LB.

It has to be De Laet at left-back for me. I know he hasn't played many games for us due to his injury but he is our defence's 'utility man', supposedly being able to play all across the back 4. His experience could be vital in a game against the likes of Wolves too.

Mate of mine is a Leicester fan. Says DeLaet was bang-average at left back when he filled in there. Kept coming inside onto his right foot and giving it away.... And incapable of any type of service going forward.... Hmmmmm sounds like Hutton... :21:

Amavi has made it into the French squad, (somehow). Why did we ever let him leave?
If ever we needed his brilliant defensive qualities surely it's now!

Aston Villa left back Neil Taylor has lost his Football Association appeal following his straight red in the game against Bolton Wanderers last weekend.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523662">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

If they hadn't already rescinded a Villa red card this season I'm confident that would have been overturned. That was a yellow at best as far as I can see. They have to protect their referees even when they're quite clearly not up to the task. I just hope we can get someone to fill in there for the next 3 games. Difficult decision for Bruce.