TAXI? | Vital Football

TAXI?

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
It is Taxi time, as most of the squad head out on Holiday and to the various World Cup camps, but who is in the line for a Taxi?I have a feeling that the line will not be that long and probably only three coming the other way.Ordered1526281549131.jpgSo as we know already ordered is the one for Yaya Touré 10 years 300+ appearances, some cracking goals, he said his best was against Manchester United in the FA Cup semi-final and he goes with our best wishes.So who is also in line?I will state that I cannot see Joe Hart coming back and staying1526281621224.jpg as he would be number two if and only if Claudio Bravo moved on but why did Pep play him in the last two matches, he did not need to to get a medal and we may never know the reason behind that.Jason Denayer almost certainly in line along with
Eliaquim Mangala

Our expensive Centre back has not quite hit the standard required of him by Pep Guardiola and 99.9% certain his taxi has started its engine.

Surprises?
Rumours, there are always rumours and Atletico Madrid want Sergio Aguero

but he may see out his contract here as we only have one striker anyway and need at least three, whether this one has legs we will see.

A swap Ilkay Gundogan for Dembélé was in the media this morning1526282491040.jpg

but The Tottenham midfielder is 30 and much older than our star midfielder.

Patrick Roberts
images
very much an enigma, cost us a few bob which has partly been recovered by his loan spells at Celtic, but the lad is reported to have said he would like to try his luck in the Premier League. Is he a player that the Boss can improve?

Stalling on Contracts

images
Leroy Sané 1526282938758.jpg Raheem Sterling

both are reported to be stalling on contracts, but is that because the World cup is more important or are they waiting for a better offers after the competition is over, for Leroy Sané I think he just wants to concentrate on his football with Germany, whilst Raheem Sterling may be reading too much in to media fantasy that Real Madrid want him.

On the sidelines and waiting for a chance.
Phil Foden 1526283251609.jpg Brahim Diaz 1526283327681.jpg
images

both have been showing good progress and Pep likes these boys and hopefully the rave reviews of Pablo Maffeo

what do you think?

Bravo, Zinchenko and Danilo are possible outs too. I'd say Zinchenko definitely as he takes one of the 17 foreign spots next season.

Bravo, Zinchenko and Danilo are possible outs too. I'd say Zinchenko definitely as he takes one of the 17 foreign spots next season.
I’m surprised, BD, you feel Oleks will go. I think he’s been brilliant for a youngster. I would keep him.

I’m surprised, BD, you feel Oleks will go. I think he’s been brilliant for a youngster. I would keep him.

He's done a job C but with Mendy fit I can't see him getting a look in especially because he takes that foreign spot.

Then there's also Angelino to consider, he's club grown and has just had a remarkable season in Holland ( I know, shit league), I can see Angelino taking his spot this season tbh.

It I should a shame to see Pablo leave - would have liked to see him progress into the 1st team. Difficult to keep all the youngsters around. Foden and Diaz seem to be the ones who have made it and now the challenge is for them to cement their places in the squad.

I too would be disappointed to see Oleks depart but the restrictions do look like they may handicap our Pep’s) choices now that Mendy is available again.

Zinchenko may stop another season, but needs to progress a bit faster, but if Pep does not think he will or can, then I agree with BD.

Is Jason Denayer still at the club?

Mind you most match days I half expect to see one of the Whitleys named on the berti.

Shame if Maffeo has been sold but £10m is £10m and it will pay for the education he has had.

If Foden and/or Diaz can't get a start when we've won the title and the pressure is off then when will they?

Is Jason Denayer still at the club?

Mind you most match days I half expect to see one of the Whitleys named on the berti.

Shame if Maffeo has been sold but £10m is £10m and it will pay for the education he has had.

If Foden and/or Diaz can't get a start when we've won the title and the pressure is off then when will they?

In Foden's case the Champions League when the pressure was off.

I think it's been positive on the youth front this season, Pep has sown seeds.

These are still very young men and should be treated with care until they mature. Micah Richards was used too much before his body had fully developed and was burned out much too early, it is better this way with Diaz and Foden just the odd few minutes.

I hope we have an eye on Maffeo for the future.

£8.8m for a player that you have only used twice is out on loan,that's absolutely staggering :eek:

I dream of signing players that are a tenth of that value and if we did he wouldn't be sat on the bloody bench either

Yep, if I was Gunn I'd be looking for a permanent move away.

If Bravo does go then another veteran would be the best bet imo.
I disagree, with the greatest respect. I would love to see Gunn take over as our number 2. He's English (thinking about the foreign player rule) and probably better than Bravo.

By all accounts Angus has had a blinding season at Norwich. Plus, and as I've made clear in the past, I'm not a massive Bravo fan.

I disagree, with the greatest respect. I would love to see Gunn take over as our number 2. He's English (thinking about the foreign player rule) and probably better than Bravo.

By all accounts Angus has had a blinding season at Norwich. Plus, and as I've made clear in the past, I'm not a massive Bravo fan.

My opinion on Gunn has nothing whatsoever to do with Bravo.

I just believe Gunn would be destroying his own career by sitting on a bench, with the lack of quality keepers in England he has a real chance to establish himself and forge a great international as well as club career if he gets regular football at a decent level.

Last edited:

I just believe Gunn would be destroying his own career by sitting on a bench, with the lack of quality keepers in England he has a real chance to establish himself and forge a great international as well as club career if he gets regular football at a decent level.
Fair enough.

Of course, we may hand him another contract and let him that we consider him to be a top goalkeeper that we want to hang on to and that he can choose to go out on loan to the Club of his choosing when the offers come in.

It seems that Joe Hart has been omitted from the England WC squad due to be announced tomorrow....

His confidence is shattered, I think the move to Spammers was ill thought out and his stubbornness not to stay and try has cost him big time. His market value is dropping almost vertical