🚹 Tanguy Ndombélé - Player Thread | Page 22 | Vital Football

🚹 Tanguy Ndombélé - Player Thread

Oh, I agree, and that's the biggest question: Does he have the right attitude/mentality? Nobody is saying the guy doesn't have talent. He has bags of it. But, did we buy him on the back of that one good game against City? To be honest, I'm sick of hearing about that! lol

And maybe you could put a word in and get RD in at the club to whip him into shape. He could document his progress on here, maybe a few photos of him throwing up after RD pushing him to the limit might make us all that little bit more confident he's gonna get there.

I would do it for free just for a laugh.

Dembele did it too.

He did to some extent, but i lost count where he had to be pulled off or couldn't finish the game - but yes, he did incredibly well given how long he carried his issues for.

I still recall watching a closed training session and he was aside from the squad and doing almost nothing except light jogging with the physio (and was told this is usually the best they can do with him - he looked utterly crocked hardly able to move!) and then watching him play come the weekend - he was incredible, so yes you're right. he did it too.

I notice most of the press conveniently decided not to pick up and report on these great comments.

“The situation is not José against Ndombele. It's Jose with Ndombele,” Mourinho said.

"We are trying to help but it's time to feel a little bit of pressure and see how he reacts. If you don't share the same principles, it's a bit difficult.

I am here for him. We believe in his potential and we only demand from people with potential.

“So he should be very, very happy that I demand from him."

This is what makes the difference between clubs that win titles and trophies and those that don't: we bought Ndombele and MU bought Bruno Fernandes!!

This is what makes the difference between clubs that win titles and trophies and those that don't: we bought Ndombele and MU bought Bruno Fernandes!!

You DO realize we were bidding against Manure for NDomb as a replacement for Pogba, ya??

I think we need to remind ourselves what N'dombele can do - and then all we have to do is understand why after a great first game, and a decent one against Norwich - he hasn't done it or kicked on since?

Once fit and not carrying the after-effects of the injury he still is, (exacberated by Jose) I'm confident you'll be worshipping him. He's just 23, in a foreign land and living out of a hotel.

I notice most of the press conveniently decided not to pick up and report on these great comments.

“The situation is not José against Ndombele. It's Jose with Ndombele,” Mourinho said.

"We are trying to help but it's time to feel a little bit of pressure and see how he reacts. If you don't share the same principles, it's a bit difficult.

I am here for him. We believe in his potential and we only demand from people with potential.

“So he should be very, very happy that I demand from him."

If only he'd thought of all that at the time of his postmatch deflection interview., instead of having to backslide after the event.

I'm sure he's happy what Jose is demanding of him, but almost certainly also thinks he's a right **** too. Great management.

let's just remember Jose telling Fred he'd never play for Manure again as he went through the same settling in process; as soon as Jose went, Fred came into his own and looks undroppable now.

Last edited:
Nick, I've seen very close up, yes he has muscle bulk and is in my view carrying too much weight - but go back to what we know; his performance against ManCity for his previous club we one of the best I have ever witnessed, his performance against Villa (although Poch warned us he wasn't fully fit) was one of the best from a Spurs midfielder I'd ever seen as a debut - the pundits and most Spurs fans drooled over him.

He is not quick, but he does have pace and he can apply it but must admit he gives me a feeling of the touch of the Mido's about him - not playing, weight ballons and quickly affects his fitness - not fit enough in the first place and injuries become common.

His weight wasn't an issue for the club we paid #63 mill to, they got him fit, happy and playing some amazing football.

He's living in a hotel, now pretty miserable after he run-in with Jose after his injury and telling him he wasn't fit to play. So maybe his mentality isn't what it should be; he's a human being, not a robot.

Even against Burnley where he look incapable of running/chase down - by stats he was our best player in the first half when on the ball - it was off the ball where his contribution was miserable - there will be a reason for that, and hopefully the club will take a more rounded and professional view of it, without hanging him out to dry.
If he is still living in a hotel after all this time then the HR department at the club need shooting.

Still waiting for your explanation of what JM's "plan" is.

This so called 'Plan' was a thing WAY before we brought in JM...and I argue we fucked the 'plan' when we decided to stagnate, bring in clowns, and not get rid of clowns. (of course I exclude some select bright spots like Lo Celso...)

They were lucky or more clever because finally they got a player that makes the difference on the field!

They got lucky? That's what you're going with. Ok, but that's pretty lame.

They FAILED to get the player they really tried to get, they ended up getting the player that we had on a plate, because we failed to sign him, because his club was problematic.

You can again try and convince how this makes us look poor, and them good, but you may not want to. didn't go well the first time.

If he is still living in a hotel after all this time then the HR department at the club need shooting.

I can only assume you've never worked abroad and had to settle in?

HR dept can only help you look at area's, homes, sorting out local advisors etc etc - most overseas players won't rush to purchase for at least 6-12 months. Learning to get around and deal with anything in a foreign language isn't a breeze as I know some fans think it is - it just isn't like that - that 'unsettled' feeling can carry on for a year or more.

I understood he was being ‘looked after’ by Sissoko , . Does he have a wife and family with him or is he not married and living alone ?
We definitely have a footballer there , we just need someone to find it .