🚹 Tanguy Ndombélé - Player Thread | Page 21 | Vital Football

🚹 Tanguy Ndombélé - Player Thread

That was a damning, but deserved critique from Carragher. When he started talking about ND's physique -- he even said he had a large backside :ROFLMAO: -- I couldn't help laughing, thinking about EX and that African porridge!

Thing is, players can make up for flaws in their game with effort and determination. However, if you show none of that it doesn't matter how talented a player you are. It's why I don't slate Winks. I know he's not good enough but I always see him putting a shift in. I can't fault him for that. He tries his best.

ND is technically good enough but it appears he just can't be arsed which is unforgivable for me.

That was a damning, but deserved critique from Carragher. When he started talking about ND's physique -- he even said he had a large backside :ROFLMAO: -- I couldn't help laughing, thinking about EX and that African porridge!

Thing is, players can make up for flaws in their game with effort and determination. However, if you show none of that it doesn't matter how talented a player you are. It's why I don't slate Winks. I know he's not good enough but I always see him putting a shift in. I can't fault him for that. He tries his best.

ND is technically good enough but it appears he just can't be arsed which is unforgivable for me.

When TN showed up I really believed he was a mix of Dembele and Toure. He may still amount to that but living at home with his mother he isn't hearing the truth when he goes home.

When TN showed up I really believed he was a mix of Dembele and Toure. He may still amount to that but living at home with his mother he isn't hearing the truth when he goes home.
I got a bad feeling when a Chelsea mate of mine (whose only sport is football) likened him to Bakayoko. This is the same guy who chased me down the street so he could sarcastically congratulate me when we signed Paulinho!

And I will be the first to taste humble pie if he turns it around.

I got a bad feeling when a Chelsea mate of mine (whose only sport is football) likened him to Bakayoko. This is the same guy who chased me down the street so he could sarcastically congratulate me when we signed Paulinho!

Well there's a fair few Utd fans eating humble pie over Fred !!!

Ndombele has more talent in his little toe than Bakayoko though, so I wouldt think too much into that.

Mourinho has definitely split a lot of opinion over this public shake down. You get Sven saying he would just say in private, you get Carragher and Robert's both in support of Jose but still acknowledging the ability Ndo has and then you can people like Sutton slamming Jose and saying he is the same old Mourinho just blaming everyone else.

I cannot think of a time a public shaming has ever had a positive impact on a player. Can anyone think of a time?

Ndombele has more talent in his little toe than Bakayoko though, so I wouldt think too much into that.

Mourinho has definitely split a lot of opinion over this public shake down. You get Sven saying he would just say in private, you get Carragher and Robert's both in support of Jose but still acknowledging the ability Ndo has and then you can people like Sutton slamming Jose and saying he is the same old Mourinho just blaming everyone else.

I cannot think of a time a public shaming has ever had a positive impact on a player. Can anyone think of a time?

Luke Shaw maybe ? I dont know the full story.

I would have thought the YouTube video against Wolves was far more damning than anything Jose said. Not that it seemed to make any difference to Tanguy's approach on Saturday.

And had Jose said nothing the football world would have come to exactly the same conclusion anyway. His half time substitution told us all we needed to know.

But if there are wider issues at play here (mental state, physical fitness etc., that many have alluded to) then he really shouldn't be anywhere near the matchday squad. Get him the help he needs and let him come back sound of body and mind.

There was no mystery about NDomb when he was signed. His issues with weight have been well documented his entire life.

Two main strengths, insane quickness on the ball in evasion to setup attacking chances, and stellar vision for a "killer ball". Combine those two things and you get most of his highlites.

With a player like Kane at the point, and Dele & Son as alternate options, the kid could get 25 assists.

The rest of his game, especially in the Prem, is, and always was the bigger question.

Not sure this is the way to get the best from this type of player.

Some good points.

The player himself has done himself absolutely no favours. First back in November when he was injured for us on the Saturday but rocked up for the French squad on the Monday telling journos it was just fatigue. Then he arrives back from the winter break looking like he'd gained quite a bit of timber.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of examples where public criticism has helped, but I'm sure there are some. Thing is, I'm sure that both Poch and Jose, as well as two sets of backroom staff have had words with him privately and in training. So months down the line those words have had no effect ... maybe the last resort is to go public in an effort to light some fire in the guy. Otherwise he'll be strolling around the pitch impersonating a Premier League player until the next sucker Levy hires has to deal with him ... without hurting the lads feelings, of course.

Some good points.

The player himself has done himself absolutely no favours. First back in November when he was injured for us on the Saturday but rocked up for the French squad on the Monday telling journos it was just fatigue. Then he arrives back from the winter break looking like he'd gained quite a bit of timber.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of examples where public criticism has helped, but I'm sure there are some. Thing is, I'm sure that both Poch and Jose, as well as two sets of backroom staff have had words with him privately and in training. So months down the line those words have had no effect ... maybe the last resort is to go public in an effort to light some fire in the guy. Otherwise he'll be strolling around the pitch impersonating a Premier League player until the next sucker Levy hires has to deal with him ... without hurting the lads feelings, of course.

It's interesting, on the ball against Burnley he has our best stats, off the ball, the worse. He is still an amazing talent, and I'm not ready to lose faith in what he can do for us.

It's fitness nothing more, nothing less - unless he has an underlying problem not yet diagnosed.

Fitness is entirely fixable - if you are properly motivated, if you aren't it's the hardest of all - ask RD, he can tell you far more about this than I can.

It's interesting, on the ball against Burnley he has our best stats, off the ball, the worse. He is still an amazing talent, and I'm not ready to lose faith in what he can do for us.

It's fitness nothing more, nothing less - unless he has an underlying problem not yet diagnosed.

Fitness is entirely fixable - if you are properly motivated, if you aren't it's the hardest of all - ask RD, he can tell you far more about this than I can.

Its mentality and attitude. IMO. He has had enough time to get fit.

Its mentality and attitude. IMO. He has had enough time to get fit.

Do you know what his underlying condition / problem is to make that judgement.

You try getting fit when you can't move properly - the only player I've ever known to pull that off was Ledley and that's because he carried a natural fitness and conditioning that isn't usual or normal.

Do you know what his underlying condition / problem is to make that judgement.

You try getting fit when you can't move properly - the only player I've ever known to pull that off was Ledley and that's because he carried a natural fitness and conditioning that isn't usual or normal.

Has he had the underlying condition the last few years ? Because his weight has been mentioned as a problem at previous clubs also his attitude. He has never had raw pace , trickery yes. If he had an underlying issue he shouldnt have been signed.

Has he had the underlying condition the last few years ? Because his weight has been mentioned as a problem at previous clubs also his attitude. He has never had raw pace , trickery yes. If he had an underlying issue he shouldnt have been signed.

Nick, I've seen very close up, yes he has muscle bulk and is in my view carrying too much weight - but go back to what we know; his performance against ManCity for his previous club we one of the best I have ever witnessed, his performance against Villa (although Poch warned us he wasn't fully fit) was one of the best from a Spurs midfielder I'd ever seen as a debut - the pundits and most Spurs fans drooled over him.

He is not quick, but he does have pace and he can apply it but must admit he gives me a feeling of the touch of the Mido's about him - not playing, weight ballons and quickly affects his fitness - not fit enough in the first place and injuries become common.

His weight wasn't an issue for the club we paid #63 mill to, they got him fit, happy and playing some amazing football.

He's living in a hotel, now pretty miserable after he run-in with Jose after his injury and telling him he wasn't fit to play. So maybe his mentality isn't what it should be; he's a human being, not a robot.

Even against Burnley where he look incapable of running/chase down - by stats he was our best player in the first half when on the ball - it was off the ball where his contribution was miserable - there will be a reason for that, and hopefully the club will take a more rounded and professional view of it, without hanging him out to dry.

Nick, I've seen very close up, yes he has muscle bulk and is in my view carrying too much weight - but go back to what we know; his performance against ManCity for his previous club we one of the best I have ever witnessed, his performance against Villa (although Poch warned us he wasn't fully fit) was one of the best from a Spurs midfielder I'd ever seen as a debut - the pundits and most Spurs fans drooled over him.

He is not quick, but he does have pace and he can apply it but must admit he gives me a feeling of the touch of the Mido's about him - not playing, weight ballons and quickly affects his fitness - not fit enough in the first place and injuries become common.

His weight wasn't an issue for the club we paid #63 mill to, they got him fit, happy and playing some amazing football.

He's living in a hotel, now pretty miserable after he run-in with Jose after his injury and telling him he wasn't fit to play. So maybe his mentality isn't what it should be; he's a human being, not a robot.

Even against Burnley where he look incapable of running/chase down - by stats he was our best player in the first half when on the ball - it was off the ball where his contribution was miserable - there will be a reason for that, and hopefully the club will take a more rounded and professional view of it, without hanging him out to dry.

His upper body definition is not impressive. Quite feeble looking arms and flabby chest. Narrow shoulders. His legs look ok but they ain't carrying what's above them.

Oh, I agree, and that's the biggest question: Does he have the right attitude/mentality? Nobody is saying the guy doesn't have talent. He has bags of it. But, did we buy him on the back of that one good game against City? To be honest, I'm sick of hearing about that! lol

And maybe you could put a word in and get RD in at the club to whip him into shape. He could document his progress on here, maybe a few photos of him throwing up after RD pushing him to the limit might make us all that little bit more confident he's gonna get there.

His upper body definition is not impressive. Quite feeble looking arms and flabby chest. Narrow shoulders. His legs look ok but they ain't carrying what's above them.
LOL He should read your description. If he's having trouble getting motivated, that would surely be enough to get him going!