🚹 Tanguy Ndombélé - Player Thread | Page 47 | Vital Football

🚹 Tanguy Ndombélé - Player Thread

Such a brilliant passer of the ball. Brave with his choice of pass too so the stats might not always be in his favour. I really hope Mourinho is not stringing us along and genuinely appreciates what he offers the team.

Such a brilliant passer of the ball. Brave with his choice of pass too so the stats might not always be in his favour. I really hope Mourinho is not stringing us along and genuinely appreciates what he offers the team.

I'd have to say that Jose isn't deaf dumb and blind, and he like us must genuinely be realishing what he's going to bring to the team when he is fully fit.

Very good again yesterday.. one of the most press resistant midfielders I have seen. At times his passing is too sharp and instinctive for the mere mortals that surround him. He was completely knackered at the end. Hopefully we don't need him on Thursday..

Very good again yesterday.. one of the most press resistant midfielders I have seen. At times his passing is too sharp and instinctive for the mere mortals that surround him. He was completely knackered at the end. Hopefully we don't need him on Thursday..

The speed and general accuracy as well as his first touch marks him out as special.

IF he stays injury free now, this may well be the player that turns us from a fairly average midfield that along with LoCo will make us become a very special one.

I also have to say when PH came on, you can see exactly how it frees him up to take more gambles and be more adventurous.

Also ex, you have been one of Winks biggest supporters. Is he included in this very specual midfield. With the volume of games etc of course he will get lots of game time

Also ex, you have been one of Winks biggest supporters. Is he included in this very specual midfield. With the volume of games etc of course he will get lots of game time

Of course! His game is off at the moment, as he needs fitness and to find his form again, but when he has confidence in who is around/along side him, he'll get better and will make a big contribution.

Just me being negative but did he pick up an injury or was he just spent at the end? Noticed he took some time to get back up after winning a free late in the game and after the penalty win he was left standing on the half way line when everyone else was running forward to Hugo.

All these minutes recently no doubt doing great for his fitness but just hope his body can handle it

Of course! His game is off at the moment, as he needs fitness and to find his form again, but when he has confidence in who is around/along side him, he'll get better and will make a big contribution.
Where do you see his role when he's fit and in form? He's clearly not a DM. I haven't seen enough evidence either to suggest that he can be a creative CM.

Just me being negative but did he pick up an injury or was he just spent at the end? Noticed he took some time to get back up after winning a free late in the game and after the penalty win he was left standing on the half way line when everyone else was running forward to Hugo.

All these minutes recently no doubt doing great for his fitness but just hope his body can handle it

That concerned me too. I wouldn't be surprised if he picked up an injury in that last action of the game. Fingers crossed

Where do you see his role when he's fit and in form? He's clearly not a DM. I haven't seen enough evidence either to suggest that he can be a creative CM.

he plays the anchor role, retains the ball, frustrates the opposition, his stats made him the in the top 10 midfielders at the end of last season; as we move from possesion based football to the low block and fast release forwards he can pick a pass and he'll have to do that more often as Jose expects everyone to partake in the low block and the quick transition - in simple terms he'll have to go long as we are now doing in every game at every opportunity.

he plays the anchor role, retains the ball, frustrates the opposition, his stats made him the in the top 10 midfielders at the end of last season; as we move from possesion based football to the low block and fast release forwards he can pick a pass and he'll have to do that more often as Jose expects everyone to partake in the low block and the quick transition - in simple terms he'll have to go long as we are now doing in every game at every opportunity.
So if he's playing the anchor role, that's instead of PEH? I really wouldn't want to see them in the same team on a regular basis.

And I don't think his long passing is anywhere good enough to play that role. Yet, anyway.

As to the stats, I don't know what they assess, but he wouldn't be anywhere near my top 10 midfielders in the country.

When it comes to Winks, I don't see any stand out qualities. Most footballers have some discernible strengths/qualities that identify them. With Winks I just don't see it.

Winks is a tidy, tenacious CM. Decent squad player. He just doesn't have the skill set to be a first 11 player.

I still think we need another CM.

Once Ndombele or Lo Celso get injured we are back to square one. Back to playing midfielders that are not good enough.

So if he's playing the anchor role, that's instead of PEH? I really wouldn't want to see them in the same team on a regular basis.

And I don't think his long passing is anywhere good enough to play that role. Yet, anyway.

As to the stats, I don't know what they assess, but he wouldn't be anywhere near my top 10 midfielders in the country.

When it comes to Winks, I don't see any stand out qualities. Most footballers have some discernible strengths/qualities that identify them. With Winks I just don't see it.

No, it's not just instead, but no doubt they will be competing for a team space - which is exactly what he needed.

You'll see Jose set up with both side by side in some games, and not in other - and you'll more likely see more game management in that area depending on how we're performing and how Jose has us tactically set up.

So far we've barely seen N'Dombele and LoCo build a partnership, as it looks to me as Jose sees that as too bold to immeadiatly start a game on the front foot and with the midfield pressing higher up the pitch, of course that may change with Docherty and Reggie starting more often, but because we tend to start by playing deep and with not much intensity, it's why we are so at risk in midfield - as we did against Chelsea where our deep line handed them the midfield area and allowed them to press us so hard and so easily push onto us.

Winks long pass stats (over 15 yards) are the fifth best in the PL (as of end of last season) it's 6th over short passing, what he has had to curtail is his attempt to get forward and run beyong the oppositions midfield - Jose's concentration and coaching of huim has all concentrated on the defensive side of his game (his words), Jose prefers holders to hold their space and punt the ball long either to flanks or over the top, or the long ball into space for the runners.

Winks qualities have it's fair to say struggled to shine ever since the bad ankle injury that has reocuured since (twice) and he now only players with pain killers in ankle - and until that recovery phase passes, my guess is we won't see the best of him - he is another who has been over-played and played when he shouldn't have been - but my hope remains that as he's used more judiciously, that we're see him come back to his best form.

We need combinations of CMer's depending on the context and who we are playing.

Winks ability to the retain teh ball and his successful passes and his interceptions mark him out as being an exceptional player, but no doubt he has to add more, perhaps now, he'll get that chance to - finally we will have some squad depth and the ability to rotate.