Tanganga signs new 5 year deal. | Vital Football

Tanganga signs new 5 year deal.

Spursex

Alert Team
Japhet Tanganga has signed a new long-term contract with Tottenham, extending his stay at the club until 2025.

The 21-year-old defender. who came through the academy system at Tottenham, made his senior debut at centre-back in the penalty shootout defeat to Colchester United in the EFL Cup third round last year.

He made his Premier League debut at right-back in the 1-0 home defeat to Liverpool in January, and appeared in the Champions League round-of-16 first-leg home defeat to RB Leipzig on February 19.

Tanganga has played 11 times in all competitions over the course of the 2019-20 term, with six of those outings coming in the top flight.

Speaking about Tanganga in February after a run of games in the first team for the youngster, Tottenham head coach Jose Mourinho said he could see the defender featuring for the club "for many years".
"Tanganga's already in the dressing room, with [Oliver] Skipp," Mourinho said, "both are fantastic kids - both kids in which we believe a lot.

Jose Mourinho says Tottenham have been going in the right direction since the lockdown, and could have finished even higher had they had a few more games
"The difference is with Japhet that the big opportunity appeared. With Skipp that has not happened yet - the big opportunity to start matches and play many minutes.
"But both are in the first-team dressing room. And our objective - what we are working on - is to make them Tottenham players for many years."
Tanganga has followed team-mate Eric Dier in committing his long-term future to Tottenham, after the England international penned a four-year extension last week.

Great news.

But I am bemused by Joses' comments on Skippy, he certainly isn't slow in pumping him up - what is it he sees in him and why can't we?

Great news.

But I am bemused by Joses' comments on Skippy, he certainly isn't slow in pumping him up - what is it he sees in him and why can't we?
I can’t remember who the game was against but he did play in CM and dictated play for much of the game and looked a real prospect....then disappeared again...I think it was when Poch was in charge...perhaps he was too positive...

First of all, great news about Tanganga. Well done to Jose for elevating him to first team. Now we can relax.

As for Skipp, let's wait and see. It was interesting that he made the squad yesterday but Gedson didn't.

I can remember seeing Skipp in pre season friendlies two years ago in America against Barcelona and Inter Milan (?) and he stood out to me as a brilliant prospect . He was demanding the ball and using it well , covering acres of ground , not overawed at all .
not sure why he hasn’t kicked on from there.
Jose hasn’t stopped mentioning since his arrival so he is obviously seeing something in him . Great news for Tanga as well . Having a manager as high profile as him believing in you is amazing for them .

Great news.

We dont see what Jose does in training. That's all I can think of. Who would Skipp displace if picked ? Winks or Sissoko ? He cant rival Sissoko for physicality or Winks for experience. But I hope next season he will start providing and alternative to both.

Jose can only have 17 foreign players so has to make up the numbers with homegrown or younger players. He only has Davies, Winks, Dele, Kane etc as certain HG, and even then Davies doesn't qualify as HG in Europe. Sess is probably the other one that could eventually slot into that bracket but still U21 himself.

I'm not surprised Jose is bigging up these U21's like Tanganga and Skipp. Unless we go out and buy homegrown, he knows he's a couple short of where he would like to be.

Whatever happens, the new contract for Japh is the best signing of the window for us. He's going to end up being an important player for us and I'm over the moon we didn't let him slip away.

What I find interesting is that it was Eyoma that was Poch's go to defender when he had an injury crisis. We knew Japhet was around.

Then Jose walks in and quite quickly gets him involved whilst leaving Vertonghen on the bench. He played centre half and covered for Davies at LB with a couple of appearances at RB.

Under Poch, we had also seen some promotion of Skipp and Parrott, but then Jose sees Cirkin and gets him involved in 1st team training. Latterly Harvey White has been involved, but we haven't heard of Jamie Bowden all season having been in the CL final squad.

It's always interesting to see how these managers assess the younger group of players at the club.

Good for the lad, good for us. Agree, glad that he didn't slip away from us.

On that note, anyone seen Josh Onomah? The lad seems to have kicked on (great goal last night) , bulked up and could well be facing us in the PL next season!. GL to him but seemed too timid when with us.....ala Skipp.

What I find interesting is that it was Eyoma that was Poch's go to defender when he had an injury crisis. We knew Japhet was around.

Then Jose walks in and quite quickly gets him involved whilst leaving Vertonghen on the bench. He played centre half and covered for Davies at LB with a couple of appearances at RB.

Under Poch, we had also seen some promotion of Skipp and Parrott, but then Jose sees Cirkin and gets him involved in 1st team training. Latterly Harvey White has been involved, but we haven't heard of Jamie Bowden all season having been in the CL final squad.

It's always interesting to see how these managers assess the younger group of players at the club.

I think it just proves majority of these youngsters at the top clubs all have the talent to make it, it's just whether they get the break/luck they need or have the drive. I'm sure there's many more reasons involved but Kane for example, he could have easily been playing in League 2 right now but instead he's one of the best in the world.

I think it just proves majority of these youngsters at the top clubs all have the talent to make it, it's just whether they get the break/luck they need or have the drive. I'm sure there's many more reasons involved but Kane for example, he could have easily been playing in League 2 right now but instead he's one of the best in the world.

Yeah, I think there is a different level of application coming from the ones that make it as well. I was watching Josh last night. He genuinely had the raw ability to have had 100 of Sissoko's 116 Spurs appearances. Same physically, way more ability but clearly something is missing from his make-up. He couldn't even step up on loan in the Championship.

Great news.

A large majority of the opinions from managers and coaches are based on potential from what they see in training.

I've seen many a player that trains well and plays like poo.

In business, I've interviewed many a candidate who checks out well, interviews very well, asks all the appropriate questions, but alas, they're rubbish at their job.

We're a funny old race us humans.

A large majority of the opinions from managers and coaches are based on potential from what they see in training.

In business, I've interviewed many a candidate who checks out well, interviews very well, asks all the appropriate questions, but alas, they're rubbish at their job.

So I don't mind it with Skipp because it's low risk. It is as you said. They train like a beast, have a great attitude but perhaps fall short in the ability area. For me, the best example of that was our previous captain, Dawson. Calderwood was another. Chris Perry another. Great guys, but bang average. At least with Skipp, we actually have nothing to lose as he cost nothing and we have time on our hands to find out.

Where I have bigger concerns is when we watch a player at their current club and then naively believe they can be great at ours. In other words, we pay money for squad players. Even worse, they should be squad players but end up as first team regulars. I would pin that on Aurier, Sissoko, Davies, Moura etc in our current line-up and it soon becomes clear why we're 6th in the league.

That's why I didn't have a problem with last years transfer window. We bought 2 first team players in Ndombele and Gio with the intent that they would run our midfield for he next half a decade. We bought Sess because he was being fast-tracked to top 4 level and was young. We also grabbed Clarke at 17 and have him on a trajectory to get there sometime in the future. The transfer intention was spot on just like it was when we paid big money for Sanchez.

I'm actually really nervous about this summer transfer window. I will absolutely hate it if we buy on a great attitude and end up with "squad players". I'd rather have 2 signings and know that they will push some current first teamers to the bench. I'll trust younger guys like Skipp, White, Parrott etc to cover the squad holes.

the reverse is Aguero is dogshit in training apparently. Might well be why Pep didn't fancy him when he joined and quickly changed his tune when he was scoring a goal every 100 odd mins for him.

Haha yes Hoddle, I have forgotten the amount of so called Tradesmen, blah blah this blah blah that, I have taken on, but when put to it, bloody crap and just couldn't think for themselves.

the reverse is Aguero is dogshit in training apparently. Might well be why Pep didn't fancy him when he joined and quickly changed his tune when he was scoring a goal every 100 odd mins for him.

I always remember when we played City at the lane back in 2011 and got smashed. That fecker smirked and celebrated right in front of me.

Where's the ****** emoji when you need it.