Talking Tactics: Pass Map: Swansea City 0-0 Watford | Vital Football

Talking Tactics: Pass Map: Swansea City 0-0 Watford

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
A look at Swansea City's passmap from Saturday's 0-0 draw at home against Watford, what was our main weakness in the game?

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?465595">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Exactly Brian, I've looked at quite a few passmaps and average formations now and very rarely come across midfielders playing wide, almost always the fullbacks offering width with inside forwards being used to offer more of a goal threat. I think Barrow and Montero need to adapt their game, always been too one dimensional for me.

Completely agree. They are straight line sprinters. They are not great technicians, thus, inside forwards they are not. Players on our team that could offer this: Gylfi (currently operates there), maybe Fer, and then either of the strikers. The changing of styles has seemed to have left us behind.

BrianMannebach - 25/10/2016 22:38

Completely agree. They are straight line sprinters. They are not great technicians, thus, inside forwards they are not. Players on our team that could offer this: Gylfi (currently operates there), maybe Fer, and then either of the strikers. The changing of styles has seemed to have left us behind.
 I don't think either of the mentioned players have the pace to operate as really effective inside forwards or "wing-strikers". We need to buy at least one in January.

MithrandirSwan - 26/10/2016 13:35

BrianMannebach - 25/10/2016 22:38

I don't think either of the mentioned players have the pace to operate as really effective inside forwards or "wing-strikers". We need to buy at least one in January.
 I definitely agree. I was just listing the players we have at our disposal.

Chadli would have been a great buy, already scoring and creating goals for WBA. Can play wide or more inside, quite a versatile attacking player, just what we needed, along with Allen - did we bother with any of them? No. Lacking ambition.