Takeover | Page 36 | Vital Football

Takeover

Might be charlz cant help it when you get old and dementia creeps in you forget what you have said and keep repeating what you said before
So lets all be patient with charlz

Might be charlz cant help it when you get old and dementia creeps in you forget what you have said and keep repeating what you said before
So lets all be patient with charlz

A bit uncalled for dementia isn't a joke!!

Hi all......dementia certainly is no joke and I am pleased to say that so far I have not got it and am still in possession of all my faculties.
I’m not sure why I got the response that I keep asking the same thing when yesterday all I asked was, were the Chinese conting3nt at Aston Villa just as they had been at our home game the previous week!!!

Dont have to say. You can just take my view or ignore it. Not sure how important the timing is now to be honest. The two parties have found a way of navigating the transfer window pretty effectively.

I can more or less back this up, been told from someone in the directors box yesterday its done in the next couple of weeks and the new people were there yesterday.

Dont have to say. You can just take my view or ignore it. Not sure how important the timing is now to be honest. The two parties have found a way of navigating the transfer window pretty effectively.

Not being provocative Sammy, its just that we have heard so many different dates being given that I am very suspect of any post that doesn't want to reveal the source of their information. Grips dog comes to mind. My apologies if it touched a nerve.

Not being provocative Sammy, its just that we have heard so many different dates being given that I am very suspect of any post that doesn't want to reveal the source of their information. Grips dog comes to mind. My apologies if it touched a nerve.
You arent provocative at all and I understand the reasons for the question, I just prefer to be discreet which means you and and others will just have to make of it what you will.

There are technical accounting issues that have had to be addressed in more recent times. Not sure anyone can justify why its taken about a year to get to this point!’n

Thanks for sharing your info.

Have the technical accounting issues been at our end or the IECs?

Also do you know if Henry Cheng is going to be involved?

I’m more interested in the final makeup of the board and structure than completion date. They seem to have negotiated the transfer window pretty well so I’m assuming most of the changes have (unofficially at least) already been made.

This is not a solid source so please don’t take it as gospel. But I’ve been told that the plan is to have the takeover done in time to announce it publicly during the next international break. They want the news to have as little impact on the players/staff as possible so to announce it and fulfil all the respective media requirements in the midst of a two week break so it doesn’t distract anyone in the lead up to a league game is the ideal time for all parties. Obviously this depends on the deal being finalised and completed by that time.

I repeat don’t take that as gospel, it may be wrong and could well happen after or even before that time. But I was told that was the plan and thought it sounded realistic enough to be shared.

This may be as reliable as "Grips dog" but I was told that the auditors were in and that a few discrepancies had been found and ironed out, that the clubs offices were to be relocated in the old chippy premises and a revamp of the stadium was on the cards. Along with this the new owners were prepared to back a bid for the premier league with a target within the next three years and European football within a further three years. This could all be someone bullshitting me but my source has been reliable in the past. All to be announced first week in September.

Here's hoping. :cheers:

I know someone on the catering side and they’ve had preliminary plans to revamp the hospitality section for some time. I don’t know if this is linked to the takeover or always been in the works. Apparently the current set-up is not the best for maximising income. I assume that’s both matchday and non-sporting events.

I’m always sceptical when I hear things like “three years to reach the Premier League”. It’s so difficult to achieve and is a moving target as rival teams spend ever more. I’d be content to continue as we are with a little more financial muscle to secure current players and make key signings. In fact not unlike our business in the current transfer window.

This may be as reliable as "Grips dog" but I was told that the auditors were in and that a few discrepancies had been found and ironed out, that the clubs offices were to be relocated in the old chippy premises and a revamp of the stadium was on the cards. Along with this the new owners were prepared to back a bid for the premier league with a target within the next three years and European football within a further three years. This could all be someone bullshitting me but my source has been reliable in the past. All to be announced first week in September.

Here's hoping. :cheers:

A 3 year plan actually makes a lot of sense with Financial Fair Play regulations as FFP works on a 3 year cycle. Effectively you can spend way above your income for 3 years in a row before the FA punish you.

My understanding of the rules is that in a 3 year period you are allowed to overspend by 5m Euros legally, and a further 30m Euros for the same period assuming it is completely covered by the club owners and not transfered onto the club itself. But technically the owners can spend as much as they want within those 3 years to get you up, but the obvious risk that other clubs are finding now is if you don't go up you end up having transfer embargos and having to cost cut to balance your books. If the Chengs were our new owners and they wanted to buy immediate promotion as they got us promoted within 3 years they could probably spend whatever they wanted knowing 120m+ in Prem tv money would cover those costs.

I'm not suggesting that will be the case, but to be honest i think if our new owners have enough cash to keep Cook here and keep our best players we are building something very exciting. Keeping what we have in place is key and i think that will be very hard as the vultures will be circling in no time.