Takeover | Page 16 | Vital Football

Takeover

WOW some people on here have a fragile grasp on reality. We sign a decent player, but becuase he didnt cost millions are now speculating that the new owners are not going to spend large.

nobodys said that craig. and whats a 'fragile grasp on reality' mean.

From what I have read and not having spies at latics telling me different. I have not read anywhere that they have said they are going to spend big, let alone 80 million

so you dont have spys at latics. does that meen nobody else is alowed to be itk. just because youve not read owt about it dont mean that others havnt read it. whats your point.

I think the new signing is a good one, may not make everyone giddy with excitement, but i think if nothing else it gives a few on here a dose of reality.

so your alowed an opineon on the quality of player. are you seying that others arnt alowed there opineon on him. or does yours trump everyones on this. oh and what this 'reality' thing again. its all confusing.

The people taking over are a business, not a individual that has made an obscene amount of money and has decided to have some fun with it. They are using it for reasons only known to them.

hmmmmm

It means Latics are not going to go bust and that we are stable. Thats it

look at the bits in bold. your own words.[/QUOTE]

Roberts aside, if the remaining trio are not good enough how do we expect a player who was out performed in terms of goals and assists last season to suddenly be better than them and therefore good enough for Championship standard given he is also older and has no experience of this level and only one at the level below when as I say he was outperformed by three others you deem not good enough?

hey stop it with the facts eh. dont you no were going to fly to the prem throgh trust and blind faith.

can i have a hallelujah,

There are 2 ways at looking at this:

Naismith great under Cook in L2, stepped up under a different manager and did nothing therefore he is a L2 standard player and the change of manager made little difference.

Or Naismith is one of these players who has talent but needs the right manager to bring it out, Cook was that man and him leave Pompey was the reason why he didn't do well in L1 rather than because he lacked the technical ability to step up.

We see the latter scenario time after time in football where players go from kings at one club to cast offs at others and it's often down to the managers relationship with that player just look at the likes of Yanic, Zog, and Ellingtons careers with us nose dive after leaving. The reverse is exactly the same when we signed players like Koumas, King, Toney, who did well elsewhere but flopped here. So there's absolutely a good chance that Naismith couldn't thrive again under Cook.

I look at Jackett as a man manager and see other players Jackett didn't want thriving in L1 after he offloaded them from Pompey and think that the latter scenario is very possible. Every signing is a gamble and either of the previously mentioned scenario is possible so i just think we shouldn't read too much into his last season when there is as much potential to be optimistic as there is pesimisitc. If we looked at previous seasons performance alone then we probably wouldn't have signed a number of the lads who excelled for us as they often faltered at other clubs.

Personally i think we've been thorugh the skeptism of players when they sign only to see them prove all the concern unjustified enough times to keep an open mind on any new arrivals. If Naismith isn't much good next season then fair enough but let's not feel too downhearted on the lad until we see him in a Latics shirt playing under Cook again.

So we bring in one player and because our manager managed him in the fourth division and liked him then you automatically think then that four players who helped us to a record breaking season are not good enough. Surely these four are equally or more well known by our manager having just winning the league with him.
Roberts aside, if the remaining trio are not good enough how do we expect a player who was out performed in terms of goals and assists last season to suddenly be better than them and therefore good enough for Championship standard given he is also older and has no experience of this level and only one at the level below when as I say he was outperformed by three others you deem not good enough?

I never said this lad would be an automatic first choice but its obvious Cookie see's something in him. The others are only my own opinion and Cookie may well play them but at least Ive seen the others play and stick to my opinion on them especially Jacobs and Massey.

Its like the takeover why dont folks wait and see before calling everyone.

Says the man who was on a downer the day we won the league because of over exuberance.

As I said on another post it appears we have reverted to type on here in the past week and opinions are no longer allowed. Shame.
No, I was on a downer because of our prick fans, bumping into my kids.

Assuming the deal has been posted on the Hong Kong Stock Market,how long,realistically will it take the FA to ratify the deal?

That seems an awful long time Chet when the takeover of other clubs seems to take place so quickly

There doesn’t seem to be much happening so I’ll repeat my earlier question......has anyone got any news/updates to keep the impatient (me) happy?

There doesn’t seem to be much happening so I’ll repeat my earlier question......has anyone got any news/updates to keep the impatient (me) happy?
Seeing as we’ve signed Cook and his coaching staff upto improved 4 year deals, signed Naismith on a 3 year deal, and just spent over £1m and given a 4 year deal to Lopes. Clearly there’s enough clarity behind the scenes to get on with business.

Didn't the latest material released by IEC say that the new owners had given the club a 6.5m loan to conduct transfer business in the upcoming months while the takeover was finalised?

It appears from the outside that everything is going to plan by the looks of it.

They spent completely unwisely and it's going back to bite them. Would of been a different story for them if they beat Fulham though, it's a fine line between success and failure. Hopefully the new owners invest but leave Cook, scouts and the CEO for the prices so we spend smart, that is something we tend to be very good for apart from the Malky season