Takeover | Page 15 | Vital Football

Takeover

It’s common knowledge that Jackson was fiercely against the appointment of Mackay, but didn’t have the bollocks to properly challenge Whelan over it. Probably scared to death that Uncle Dave would sack him. I always wonder had someone in a position of authority like Jackson had gone to Whelan and threatened to resign should he appoint Mackay, whether Dave would have gone through with the appointment. Alas it didn’t happen and MiW’s point was proved sadly.

Having worked for Whelan and vehemently opposed a business decision made by him I know first hand how stubborn he can be. Even if Jackson pushed back at every opportunity and made his objections clear he probably wouldn't have changed the old fellers mind once it was made up.

I had heard they were looking to invest £80 over 3 years. Judging by today's signing that will do nothing to improve the team, that projection seems grossly over optimistic.

I had heard they were looking to invest £80 over 3 years. Judging by today's signing that will do nothing to improve the team, that projection seems grossly over optimistic.

Where did you hear 80 million over three years are we on another crusade of a fabled war chest fuelled by bar room rumours or hear say from a social media troll

Nor do you know the new signing won't improve the team!

Says the man who was on a downer the day we won the league because of over exuberance.

As I said on another post it appears we have reverted to type on here in the past week and opinions are no longer allowed. Shame.

Erm ......... wrong thread if you're looking for real slagging off of our new signing Vat.

WOW some people on here have a fragile grasp on reality. We sign a decent player, but becuase he didnt cost millions are now speculating that the new owners are not going to spend large.

From what I have read and not having spies at latics telling me different. I have not read anywhere that they have said they are going to spend big, let alone 80 million.

I think the new signing is a good one, may not make everyone giddy with excitement, but i think if nothing else it gives a few on here a dose of reality.

The people taking over are a business, not a individual that has made an obscene amount of money and has decided to have some fun with it. They are using it for reasons only known to them.

It means Latics are not going to go bust and that we are stable. Thats it

He could be a good one. It is possible. But with no experience in the Championship it just gets people wondering. He has been around quite a while now so why has this Championship standard player not been snapped up before by a Championship club. Time will tell but with Jacobs, Colclough, Massey, Walker and Roberts already there he is going to have to pull up trees to even get on the bench unless one or some of these are leaving.

Jacobs, Colclough, Massey and Roberts are not good enough for next season and this lad is well known to the manager who knows what he can do, In Cookie we trust

So we bring in one player and because our manager managed him in the fourth division and liked him then you automatically think then that four players who helped us to a record breaking season are not good enough. Surely these four are equally or more well known by our manager having just winning the league with him.

Jacobs, Colclough, Massey and Roberts are not good enough for next season and this lad is well known to the manager who knows what he can do, In Cookie we trust

Roberts aside, if the remaining trio are not good enough how do we expect a player who was out performed in terms of goals and assists last season to suddenly be better than them and therefore good enough for Championship standard given he is also older and has no experience of this level and only one at the level below when as I say he was outperformed by three others you deem not good enough?