Table Finish Next Season | Vital Football

Table Finish Next Season

springy-park

Vital 1st Team Regular
We start with a clean sheet and let's hope it's the start of a successful era
for the Club and the team gel very quickly and get some early wins under the belt
to settle the nerves, a winning team lifts the mood of Club and we certainly need that.

Let's hope Talal Al Hammad can attend a match,
so we can show him our appreciation for saving our Club.

My prediction is, finish 10th in the table.

I don't think there's much in this league. With decent recruitment I can see a late play off push.
I'll go for 5th.

Looking at the standard of players we're bringing in, so long as that standard is maintained with the future signings, I see no reason why we can't be pushing for the playoffs. Not nailed on that we'll get there next year, but it's far from impossible. I don't think L1 is particularly great next season, and now we don't have the distraction of all the off the field stuff, that should be what we're aiming for.

Too early to say. We are well positioned in terms of new owner and finance for this level with a clean slate. Need to see how the squad is shaped over the next few weeks. I don't think we will want to waste any time in this 2 year plan. I'm going a tidy playoff place finish (with more glory at Wembley) but I will reassess this before the season starts and we have a better picture of the squad.

In my time supporting latics it's clear it's a different club from other and can produce special things when everyone pulls in the Same direction. With fans back hopefully and some momentum from last seasons survival we should not fear anyone.

I expect us to start poorly as we are building the team from scratch, I had hoped that the core of the team from last season would remain but it seems it won't be. It will take time for the squad to gel as new partnerships are formed and we will probably see the same thing happening as as happened before when we rip a squad apart and start again.

Bottom half till christmas and than a surge to mid table as the squad gel and results start to turn in our favour.

I also expect to see the usual suspects calling for LR to be sacked and the board to resign as impatience clouds their view.

All in all I see next season as a rebuilding of the club and am keeping my expectations low.

It will be interesting to see which poster is nearest to predicting our Final Position,
who will get the Cup and who will get the Wooden Spoon?

I agree entirely with TB's hypothesis above. I'll go for a storming March / April / May to secure us an 11th place finish.

I expect us to start poorly as we are building the team from scratch, I had hoped that the core of the team from last season would remain but it seems it won't be. It will take time for the squad to gel as new partnerships are formed and we will probably see the same thing happening as as happened before when we rip a squad apart and start again.

Bottom half till christmas and than a surge to mid table as the squad gel and results start to turn in our favour.

I also expect to see the usual suspects calling for LR to be sacked and the board to resign as impatience clouds their view.

All in all I see next season as a rebuilding of the club and am keeping my expectations low.
I would be happy to take 10th position at the end of the Season.

If we build our hopes too high for Promotion and we hit a 'sticky patch'
some fans will be baying for 'heads to roll', we need a good Season
with stability a priority, which will be a blessing after the Trauma of last Season.

I understand the cautious approach of some but, considering the context, expecting a top half finish isn't looking crazy at all, in my eyes at least.

Still, I admit it's way too early for any prediction as there's room for more signings and we won't know how well they'll all mesh together for... Months.

:agree:

And just to add that if it's a significant improvement points, position & playing wise that all counts as good progress in my eyes
Similar to 98/99 & 99/00 under Mathias & Benson, ultimately not getting promoted was the best thing to happen coz we were nowhere near ready & we'd have struggled to establish ourselves even with Whelan's backing. Fast forward a couple of years under Jewell & it was a completely different kettle of fish

Happy to have a club to support tbh.
As for a finish - don't sreally care as long as it's :-
a. Above the bottom 4
b. Above Bolton