T.T race 2013 | Vital Football

T.T race 2013

badge73

Vital 1st Team Regular
so it begins on monday, with already one death after practise week, probably one of the hardest, and need balls of concrete, events in the sporting calender.

forget the hard men of football, rugby and the mental toughness of motor racing, this sport is the king of kings, not much money involved and most do it for the glory of just doing the event and being part of history.

did go to the event for the week last year, even though most of it was mucked around by the weather it was a real opener, especially standing about 3 foot away where a bike goes past at 150mph plus.

on a local issue, the main song of the coverage is called king of the mountain, which is by a birmingham band called redline and not bad.

:61: :131:

I've never been and probably never will but I love the fact that these things take place. Like shin kicking or the tar barrels, we need a bit of madness every now and then. If guys want to brush stone walls with their bikes at 150mph, more power to them.

agree tmg its just chaos and at times quite funny as people go around the course and island thinking they are like the racers only to come off and look complete tits lol

agree bodybutter, its what makes us british to put on events like these and of cause the health and safety lobby have tried to stop the event in the past, and gladly failed!! a bit like the cheese rolling which i will watch as complete bonkers lol

a bit of a surprise with michael dunlop winning the superbikes, would never of guessed it. though wondering was up with john mcguinness? though he did record the fastest lap of just under an average of 132mph.

to put that in real terms, the t.t course is a bit like heading from central brum, into bromsgrove, across to redditch and back into brum again, so imagine doing that at that speed, just outstanding!! plus do the lads who do race are as down to earth as anything, plus not many dont get on with guy martin whose character and humour is second to none.

[youtube=3Urp3zYDWmA]

Michael Dunlop's calmed down a lot from how he used to ride, and is consequently not as hard on his machinery as he used to be so finishes more. I was trying to find a clip of him coming out of Kirkmichael a couple of years back where he got a jump a bit wrong and his foot came off the peg going into a right hander. Truly frightening.

yes i suppose thats more of the reason as well as joining the honda legends, but agree as you cant be a hot head around the t.t course as it will kill you.

probably explains why john mcguinness lost the time as was quite jumpy in the first few laps and never manage to calm down until it was to late.

It's a clean sweep for Dunlop now. I wonder if this is the changing of the guard? We'll see on Friday.

another factor is his weight loss tmg, as he seems to have lost a stone or two which obviously allows more freedom with fuel and horsepower, plus johns idea of a workout is eating half a dozen sausages with an odd beer or two lol

for those that are interested, a riders weight doesnt matter as in like jockeys, two riders can be a couple of stone difference, but need to have a bit of strength and weight to control the bike, especially with cornering, plus it does get very physical after over 150 miles in one stint.

He certainly does look a lot trimmer. Winning three races is incredible in itself but he now could have a chance of emulatinf Ian Hutchinson's clean sweep of 2010, a feat I thought would never be repeated.

according to the commentary last night, hes lost 3 stone in weight which would make a hell of a lot of difference, think he might of had it transplanted to john lol

was in stitches when they interviewed guy martin before the race, and said how hard it is doing all the racing straight after practise ....

he replied along the lines of "hard? you ever had a proper job? this aint work" lol

which shows the attitude of the riders as they dont fall in the hype of the oh look at me im a sportsman crowd, most still have proper jobs when not racing and throwing their own money into racing, a world of difference to the football crowd.

surprised to see gough on a bike last night and how grey his hair is now and how much weight hes put on.

Michael Dunlop is now one up on Ian Hutchinson by winning the TT Zero. Still, he could win both the sidecar races as well and still not get a mention on Sports Personality of the Year.

I once stopped in the same lodgings as Tony Rutter at the TT. Great bloke: the only difference between us and him was that we drank all day and all night and he only drank all night. And he was probably a bit quicker than we were.

is tony rutter related to michael rutter? the biking gods were frowning on john again in the electric bikes, which have to say is coming on a bit more and in few years time can see those that commute on bikes using them, main problem is the size of the batteries which no doubt will come down in future.

im afraid your right tmg, if dunlop won everything and rode across the irish sea he still would not win the likes of sport personality or even get a nomination which is quite sad, considering how close to actual death and skill involved compared to other sports and do include football in that as well. you only have to look at past racers in the sport, typical example is carl fogarty, winning world superbikes and 3 t.ts etc and dont think he ever got a mention.

Yes Tony is Michael Rutter's father. For some reason I remember us all watching TV with him in a bar when Roger Marshall was going to be interviewed live. This was presumably on Irish TV as I can't remember any coverage in the UK then. Just as the interview was about to start a very dishevelled Mick Grant walked past and the interviewer asked him what had happened. Without breaking stride Mick said "I were going like fuck and fucking dog ran out under t'front wheel. Threw t'fucking bike down t'fucking road." He then carried. The rather flustered interviewer then asked Marshall, "And how's it gone for you today then Roger?"

lol at thats what can happen at the t.t and hence most of the riders are down to earth and straight to the point.

im quite surprised how its just limited to itv4 for an hour whilst they show absolute crap on the daytime and repeats etc. it is very annoying as dare say most bars would show it across the country.

big day tomorrow and wonder if dunlop can win it, suspect bruce might ...

John McGuinness takes the Senior to show that there's life in the old dog yet and ruin Michael Dunlop's clean sweep. Another great week's racing, I think I might go next year.

just shows theres life in the old dog yet, and could tell the week was very frustrating for john.

just a slight accident at bray hill and the papers were full of get it banned brigade once again ... but the isle of man is not part of the uk, if it was banned would probably ruin a lot of peoples lives in the isle of man and sports clubs (where i pitched up the tent last year was on a football field, the income they got for that and selling food and drink provided that football club funds through out the year) plus none of those injured will be running off to the lawyers, most are bikers and accept responsibility for there actions.

i would go again tmg but it really depends on the weather and glad they had decent weather as no fun when it pisses it down for the week.