Syria | Vital Football

Syria

BobHatton

Vital Champions League
Syria, Russia and the US. Worrying, worrying times. Far more concerned than I was about NK and their piddling missles. Are we on the brink?
Discuss...

On this occassion Trump nails it in his speech:

"The nations of Britain, France, and the United States of America have marshalled their righteous power against barbarism and brutality," President Trump said in an address to the nation from the White House at about 21:00 local time (02:00 BST).

"The purpose of our actions tonight is to establish a strong deterrent against the production, spread, and use of chemical weapons," he added.

Rightly so IMO.

The wave of strikes is the most significant attack against President Bashar al-Assad's government by western powers in seven years of Syria's civil war.

The US, UK and France have bombed multiple government targets in Syria in an early morning operation targeting alleged chemical weapons sites.

The strikes are in response to a suspected chemical attack on the Syrian town of Douma last week.

Explosions hit the capital, Damascus, as well as two locations near the city of Homs, the Pentagon said.

Russia's ambassador to the US responded by saying the attack on its ally "will not be left without consequences".

The ruskies have been taking the proverbial with the UK after the poisoning in Salisbury. Mossad wouldn't have been so sloppy.

I struggle to believe the narrative of any of the parties involved; we simply have no idea what is going on.

Personally I thought the Russian proposal that the USA et alia vetoed was better than the USA's resolution that Russia vetoed.

Galloway's view on RT has a strong logic to it but I suspect logic simply doesn't apply in this case.

I certainly won't be doing or believing what Trump, Macron and May want me to .