Sympathy | Vital Football

Sympathy

fanforlife

Alert Team
30-year-old stopper Paul Jones is set to feature as cover on the bench for the 10th time this season during tomorrow’s Championship match at Leeds United, due to Michael McGovern suffering a family bereavement.

The Northern Ireland international’s mother, Carmel, passed away earlier this week and City have granted the 32-year-old compassionate leave to attend a funeral service in Enniskillen on Saturday.

Sympathy from all at Vital Norwich go out to him.

Indeed. He is the same age as me, and I, like him, have a mother with cancer. And I really feel for him. Thoughts to him abd his family.

Agreed . A heartbreaking time . I lost my mum when I was just 22 to MND , so I know how McGovan must be feeling right now . As ever , these sad stories put football into perspective

Agreed. Its a terrible time.
My mother died of cancer when only 61 after working all her life.
3 years of terrible times watching her suffer and then missing out on retirement
and the grandchildren she idolised.

I am in that same situation DG, and YB. Mum retired at 60 then few weeks later diagnosed with Cancer and has been suffering since.

Many sad stories here. It certainly puts football into perspective and my thoughts go out to Michael McGovern and his family.

Bears. I wish your mum all the best and hope she can beat this terrible disease. We lost Mrs S's mum back in 1996 to cancer aged just 63. Treatment has progressed so much since then so I have my fingers crossed for her.

Back in 1983, aged just 22, my world was turned upside down when, as a final year student in Sheffield, my Dad died suddenly, aged just 57. He was a lifelong NCFC supporter and a season ticket holder. I am now only a few months off the same age when he died and I find that scary. It certainly makes you think. Live life to the full as long as you can! Norwich City don't make it easy though!
:grin: