Swindon Fans Preview | Page 2 | Vital Football

Swindon Fans Preview

The siren. It’s now part of our identity. We’re Bomber County after all.
It seems to be winding up our visiting fans and I would imagine it does a good job of peeing off the opposition players when they are trying to organise themselves to defend a corner.
For those reasons alone, it can’t be a bad thing.
From a personal point of view though, I find it slightly cringe-making. I live away from Lincoln and often bring friends and colleagues on a 100 mile round trip to watch my beloved team. I’m like a Jehovas Witness, converting people into Lincoln fans (rather than to a particular interpretation of the bible!).
One particular friend who lives in Liverpool has actually been to more away games than me over the last two seasons. 3 years ago, he wouldn’t even have known what league Lincoln played in! Anyway.....
It’s always a little embarrassing when I’m asked “what the hell is that” the first time they hear it. It just makes me cringe a bit.

i am all for anything that is individual to the club, the part of the matchday experience that we 'own'... the siren, the dambusters arm waving after a goal, the lincolnshire poacher, the imp, etc etc.

as opposed to the indentikit chants and songs like sweet caroline copied from bigger clubs, and available everywhere.

Always makes me smile. When we get two or three corners in succession, it adds to the atmosphere/pressure. Much better than when I was a kid chanting "Ooh! It's a corner" at the back of the railway end.