Sweden V England World Cup QF

Sterling at the World Cup
4 starts
1assist
2 crosses
3 shots
1 on target
Greatest percentage of passes , 31% are backwards

Don't think I will be changing my mind about him, I know stats can be used to suit any sort of argument but these hardly constitute a World Cup requirement

Agree his stats are crap...his main contribution is hassleing and chasing .and putting defenders under pressure. ...It is written though that he will score the goal to win the world cup and go down in history as the boy wonder........

It's how we're using him that leaves much to be desired - letting him play through the middle takes Harry's space, he's not playing off harry, he's playing in area's that makes Harry go wide or go deep to collect the ball - he needs to be playing wide and coming in from wide positions or crossing - taking defenders on from wide and into the box will get him a penalty and create more space and chances for Harry.

He really is causing both to be far less effective than they would be.

Agree! Kane up top and provided the opportunity to gather passes, hold the ball and distribute would be much more effective. This simply is not happening when Sterling is on pitch. Sterling plays up top and Kane drifts deep and...this is basically wasting Kane’s ability, and honestly Sterling would be much more effective running off Kane anyway!

I have no idea if we would have more success with Rashford next to Kane, but when Rasford has played...Kane drifts back up top and Rashford flows around him....perfect!