Sweden V England World Cup QF | Page 4 | Vital Football

Sweden V England World Cup QF

I still can't believe this system has the best finisher in Europe setting them up for Sterling to miss. ??

Harry had one shot today, one !!!!, while Sterling was fucking chances up like a good 'un.

So Sterling is quick , so what, has he scored? has he got an assist ? has he won us a pen? So what exactly is this end product that is worth shoving Harry into a deep MF position ?

I still can't believe this system has the best finisher in Europe setting them up for Sterling to miss. ??

Harry had one shot today, one !!!!, while Sterling was fucking chances up like a good 'un.

So Sterling is quick , so what, has he scored? has he got an assist ? has he won us a pen? So what exactly is this end product that is worth shoving Harry into a deep MF position ?

It's odd because the solution is braindeadingly obvious switch Delle and Sterling because you still get the"qualities" he has pace and direct running whilst Kane gets a bloke to pass him the ball that understands him.

Honestly want nothing to do with Russia and the pure emotion they are playing wiyh. But on the flipside, Croatia have much more quality.

I actually think we match up pretty good against either, but think Russia would be best chance to win.

Interesting point but he is a deceptively efficient. BBC put together a montage of his involvementin the game and it was impressive. He mops up, keeps possession and distributes. Today with some nice forward passes.

Credit where credit is due, he did play better today, we just need more from him, more dominant in front of our back line.

Overall damn fine display from team.

It's odd because the solution is braindeadingly obvious switch Delle and Sterling because you still get the"qualities" he has pace and direct running whilst Kane gets a bloke to pass him the ball that understands him.

I know we're not supposed to think too much about a team on a winning run, but FFS, Harry is being strangled to accomodate someone who actually provides nothing.

Will we regret it when we play a good team ?
Duh.

I know we're not supposed to think too much about a team on a winning run, but FFS, Harry is being strangled to accomodate someone who actually provides nothing.

Will we regret it when we play a good team ?
Duh.[/QUOTE

Simple fix...Rashford for Sterling.

Croatia have had a tough passage. Ours pretty smooth. On paper it looks a tough game but we may just click and breeze it.

I was thinking the exact same thing, although to be fair to Sterling he does unsettle defenders.

At the end of the day, we won surprisingly easy, three good saves, but that's what you have a keeper for - if we'd converted our chances, we'd have embarrassed them.

Against Croatia, we'll have to step it up a gear again and improve our finishing - but I think we have enough to win and win well.

I was thinking the exact same thing, although to be fair to Sterling he does unsettle defenders.
To be honest Top , he unsettles me as well . Why he couldn't have laid that ball off to Harry or Deli , both unmarked , centre of the area , 8 yards out , I will never know .
He may be good at running in the channels , he may be pretty quick , but he hasn't got a clue in front of goal unless it's laid on a plate for him , usually by Debruyne or Silva .
He cannot make a pass , makes terrible decisions when on the ball, loses possession in dangerous areas , and hadn't got a clue how to play either with Harry or play off him .
But he does have a very nice tattoo of an AK47 on his leg

To be honest I don't rate him, but he is a bloody nuisance to defences and can provide set piece opportunities from free kicks and corners. I can see his worth begrudgingly. He could still make his mark.

To be honest I don't rate him, but he is a bloody nuisance to defences and can provide set piece opportunities from free kicks and corners. I can see his worth begrudgingly. He could still make his mark.

He is a pain in the ass to play against, Sanchez struggled with his movement at times. He just loses concentration at the key moment.

I would prefer him to just run at defenders and pass or cross the ball to Harry, Alli. He is not a natural finisher.

He is a pain in the ass to play against, Sanchez struggled with his movement at times. He just loses concentration at the key moment.

I would prefer him to just run at defenders and pass or cross the ball to Harry, Alli. He is not a natural finisher.

It's how we're using him that leaves much to be desired - letting him play through the middle takes Harry's space, he's not playing off harry, he's playing in area's that makes Harry go wide or go deep to collect the ball - he needs to be playing wide and coming in from wide positions or crossing - taking defenders on from wide and into the box will get him a penalty and create more space and chances for Harry.

He really is causing both to be far less effective than they would be.

It's how we're using him that leaves much to be desired - letting him play through the middle takes Harry's space, he's not playing off harry, he's playing in area's that makes Harry go wide or go deep to collect the ball - he needs to be playing wide and coming in from wide positions or crossing - taking defenders on from wide and into the box will get him a penalty and create more space and chances for Harry.

He really is causing both to be far less effective than they would be.
I'm sure Rashford could do the same job , out wide ,cutting in or going past defenders and have better decision making moments . Harry had one shot on goal against Sweden and that was only because Sterling lost control of the ball on the edge of the area and the ball run away from him and Harry took a quick stab at it before the defenders cleared it .
Not once was there any interplay between them , nor has there been the entire tournament .
Anybody got any stats on his assists ,shots on target , vital passes etc . Would be interesting and may or may not change my mind about him . If he he just in the team because he is quick then it won't