Sweden V England World Cup QF | Page 3 | Vital Football

Sweden V England World Cup QF

Nice game for England though to be 2_0 up. We need t start singing “We have a dream......”. Can anyone get that through to someone in the stadium?

Good game. Much better performance.

Fair play to the lads,first world cup semi finals in 28 years.

Lets be honest though it has been the easiest draw ever and is the main reason it's happened.

I still have no clue what Henderson does all game

Interesting point but he is a deceptively efficient. BBC put together a montage of his involvementin the game and it was impressive. He mops up, keeps possession and distributes. Today with some nice forward passes.

Good game. Much better performance.

Fair play to the lads,first world cup semi finals in 28 years.

Lets be honest though it has been the easiest draw ever and is the main reason it's happened.

Colombia and Sweden have both performed well and we dispatched them. We made Sweden look poor, nobody else has. Some of the top teams were poor and went out anyway . It has fallen nicely for us but we have grabbed it. The spirit in the team is very strong.

I don't know what Southgate's got against Rose. Most of our threat comes from right 'cos of Trippier. LW is wasted with Young constantly cutting in or passing back. I think he got 2 crosses in + of course the corner we scored from.

Southgate also has Poch's habit of late subs. 2-0 up and brings on Rashford for 5 mins. Nearly 30 degrees out there.

My only worry moving forward is that we still don't have a midfielder who can make those incisive passes to turn defence in to attack. However, what we lack, we make up for with a group of warriors.

Well done lads.

Southgate is managing Young. The hug he gave him was very passionate, he is making him feel important. He knows he has a lot to give if motivated. Rose is perhaps not as consistent although more explosive. If Young is struggling Rose is waiting .

Don't get me wrong NRD, I am happy to start with Young. He brings experience (much needed), but with age, he will tire early. Also, we do little from the LHS. I just felt that Rose could've brought some energy and penetration in the last 15 minutes....which may have taken some load off Tripp too. If Southgate is 'managing' Young then taking him off at 75/80 mins would've also aided that process imo. Anyway, hope there's no issue with fatigue with any of our lads.

A special well done to Dele for his trademark ghosting run and a superb header.

Each world cup tends to advance a player into the spotlight. Tripps yet again very polished in his performance. Could he be the player who emerges as the big find ? He gets praised each game .