Swansea v NUFC Match Thread

Newcastle: Rob Elliot, Jesús Gámez, Jamaal Lascelles, Ciaran Clark, Javier Manquillo, Isaac Hayden, Mikel Merino, Matt Ritchie, Jacob Murphy, Ayoze Pérez, Joselu.

Subs: Freddie Woodman, DeAndre Yedlin, Florian Lejeune, Jonjo Shelvey, Mohamed Diamé, Christian Atsu, Dwight Gayle.

keggy_keagal

Vital 1st Team Regular
MickMartin - 10/9/2017 17:36

What odds on Pardew saying he bought Lascelles?
"errr I had to persusade the owner but err when I bought errr Jimal I knew he woz a real presence err the fans didn't trust us at first err "

keggy_keagal

Vital 1st Team Regular
Good gritty win that , sort of win Pulis gets, the kind that can keep you in the league. Merino's quality shines, the lesser spotted Gamez had a good solid game, Perez should have scored when he hit it at right at the keeper.

MickMartin

Vital Football Hero
Aye keggy based on that performance we should be all right agree Jesus played well edpecially as he was out of position Perez is too lightweight for me. I love the fact that Pardew called both games wrongly the useless bastard

The Pyrry

Vital Reserves Team
Good solid performance today, centre halves played well snuffed out virtually everything, Ritchie played well again and Merino is going to be some player in a year or two when he adds expierience to his skill...... very much in the mould of Alonso / Fabregas (ish)

carlosvendetta

Vital 1st Team Regular
Shame because it looks like we could have a half decent team. Lascelles looks much better this season, Clarke looks really solid. Be interesting to see what could happen with shelvey as a 10 with merino and hayden behind him. Joselu looks like a decent hard working intelligent striker. Perez does my fucking head in. Merino looks like he'll be world class one day - reminds me of alonso.

Paul Kannell

Vital 1st Team Regular
Can't help the joy after a win despite every point being a vindication of Ashley's policy, great to win without that prick Shelvey in the side as well, he doesn't deserve his place back and is genuinely not needed. HOWAY YOU BEAUTIES

I think Merino has to play in 20 games or something to activate a clause but it's supposed to be about 7m euros. When we completed the loan it worked out at £6.3m. Bargain either way

Mcnamee67

Vital Football Hero
Without a shadow of doubt he could be a superb bit of business by Rafa. It is hard to get too excited though after wins against 2 teams who are expected to be in the dog-fight at the bottom. But a win is a win and like PK says you can't help that feeling after a good result.

Paul Kannell

Vital 1st Team Regular
Merino will be bought and then sold at a huge profit, we'll stay up by the skin of our teeth, job done Rafa, Mike may even give him a bonus, one Spanish omelette. The manager Mike has been searching for.

CuckFan

Vital Squad Member
A very, very good 3 points away from home.

Love it when everyone puts in a good shift.

Lascelles was superb, and dare I say it, Elliot also was top notch. Solid. 'None shall pass' attitude.

Neppos

Vital Reserves Team
As much as Merino has looked quality so far, surprised his attempt at conning the referee to get a penalty has not been mentioned. Needs to cut that shit out.

Apparently there's a couple of Forest lads still sniggering that we signed Lascelles though :19: :17: :19:

CuckFan

Vital Squad Member
Yeah, want none of that falling to the floor shit.

Like the idea of running at the defence when near the box though; terrifies defenders.

Just stay on your feet and keep going unless you are taken down. Easy.