Swansea predictions | Vital Football

Swansea predictions

Hmm, as we don't know who or where people will be playing the prediction is another loss I am afraid.

We need the speedy one-touch passing that destroyed top teams earlier in the season. We don't seem to get that with Huddlestone in the side. Don't get me wrong he is a class player and can ping a ball 40 or 40 yards like no other midfielder in the league but things tend to slow down rapidly when he gets the ball. The opposition can then get men behind the ball and our attack fails.

Hopefully, Swansea will come to attack, leaving room behind their midfield for swift counters where Bryson and Lawrence excel. Lawrence could also do with a central midfield role, his runs through the middle have produced memorable goals when he had a loan spell with Dipswitch and for Wales, we tend to play him in a too wider position, where his speed and willingness to take people on is diminished.

Anyway, I am going for 1-1

Totally agree about Lawrence, Mr. B.
Can’t remember the last time Bryson was involved in a ‘swift counter’ though. When he stays injury free he has great seasons...unfortunately he rarely remains injury free these days and has been poor since his latest comeback.
Hard fought 2-1 and maybe a role for Evans against the land of his fathers.

We need the speedy one-touch passing that destroyed top teams earlier in the season. We don't seem to get that with Huddlestone in the side. Don't get me wrong he is a class player and can ping a ball 40 or 40 yards like no other midfielder in the league but things tend to slow down rapidly when he gets the ball. The opposition can then get men behind the ball and our attack fails.

Hopefully, Swansea will come to attack, leaving room behind their midfield for swift counters where Bryson and Lawrence excel. Lawrence could also do with a central midfield role, his runs through the middle have produced memorable goals when he had a loan spell with Dipswitch and for Wales, we tend to play him in a too wider position, where his speed and willingness to take people on is diminished.

Anyway, I am going for 1-1

.. and then he gets the ball in the centre circle, lobs it back over his head leaving his marker going the other way, advances 20 yards and hits a screamer towards the top right hand corner which the keeper did well to stop.

If you are looking for players who really slow the play down, look no further than Malone and Wisdom on this season's efforts.

Latest Rams News