Swansea match thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Swansea match thread

Which has very little bearing on the present day, chap.

Also, what is the point in having a larger fanbase and higher gate receipts than most if you're just going to squander nearly every penny?
Which was exactly my original point. But never mind.

Games won:26
Games drawn:16
Games lost:23

First game was in 1925

biggest win is 6-1 which we have done twice; once in 1932 & then again in 1936. We also won 6-4 in 1952

biggest loss is 4-1 in 1931 & we then beat them 6-1 in the next game as mentioned above.

Games won:26
Games drawn:16
Games lost:23

First game was in 1925

biggest win is 6-1 which we have done twice; once in 1932 & then again in 1936. We also won 6-4 in 1952

biggest loss is 4-1 in 1931 & we then beat them 6-1 in the next game as mentioned above.

ORF - what was your favourite memory of the 6-1 in '32?

How does Fig still get into this squad?

View attachment 43922
I don't know it baffles me as well. Good to see that we have taken advantage of the extra sub places to name 2 young players on the bench, that in my opinion as I've said before should be mandatory, be nice to see the bench made use of for a change, actually thinking about it the bench might do a better job than some of those on it

ORF - what was your favourite memory of the 6-1 in '32?

Only what I would have read Zed, and I don't remember any of it.

Can't believe we ever beat anybody 6 - 1, it's not what I anticipate today, although I sure wouldn't mind, it's long overdue.

At least we've not gone for 3 holding midfielders in the middle. Right side of the defence is still a worry.

Can you see the game on follow?

For a lot of years I used to watch the FA cup final, that was in the days when that was the only football on TV here. You can imagine the time that came on, usually about 1 in the morning. Eventually after a hard days work ( Saturday at that time) I started to fall asleep after about 20 minutes and was unable to shake it so gave it up. I only found out about follow 15 years or so ago but decided against it, knowing that I would probably fall asleep again, age doesn't help. That's one reason I tend to push the match thread, trying to find out all I can from you fellows who are watching.
I get a lot of pleasure from that thread, the conflicting opinions included.

Need more options when we have the ball, when we do pass and move we look ok just doenst happen enough.

Ameobi is fast becoming our best player. Hes gone from looking hit and miss but mostly miss last season to really skillful and I expect him to do something every time he gets it - in fairness he does! Brilliant free transfer.