Swansea City Players' International Duty Schedule | Vital Football

Swansea City Players' International Duty Schedule

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
11 players are on international duty over the next two weeks, keep track here of what players are playing when...

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?369448">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Federico Fernandez - Argentina vs Germany (3rd September) - Won 4-2

Lukasz Fabianski - Poland vs Gibralter - 7th September

Wilfried Bony - Ivory Coast vs Sierra Leonne - 6th September - Won 2-1
Ivory Coast vs Cameroon - 10th September

Ki Sung-yueng - South Korea vs Venezuela - 5th September - Won 3-1
South Korea vs Uruguay - 8th September

Gylfi Sigurdsson - Iceland vs Turkey - 9th September

Jordi Amat - Spain under-21s vs Hungary under-21s - 4th September
Spain under-21s vs Austria under-21s - 9th September

Tom Carroll - England under-21s vs Lithuania - 5th September - Won 1-0
England under-21s vs Moldova - 9th September

Ashley Williams and Neil Taylor - Wales vs Andorra - 9th September

Josh Sheehan and Ryan Hedges - Wales under-21s vs Finland - 5th September - 2-2
Wales under-21s vs Lithuania under-21s - 9th September.

Read more: http://www.swansea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=369448#ixzz3CelBK1Gf

So they're all still experiencing wins so far then...apart from the youngsters in the Wales u-21s team.

All our players bar Wilf will have finished their international duties by tonight though with having to travel back it seems unlikely that they will be back in training with the Swans until Thursday. Wilf has a home game against Cameroon tomorrow night so doubt if he will come back to Swansea at all, looks more likely he will meet up with the squad in London on Friday. Not good preparation for the Chelsea game so I would think that Gomis will get his chance to start with Wilf on the bench.

Swan_Lady2 - 9/9/2014 11:57

I would think that Gomis will get his chance to start with Wilf on the bench.

Be great to see how Gomis goes with a start - can't imagine he's keen to always be the sub coming on in the 65th minute. Just not sure he has the same hold-up ability as Bony so not so great for the likely counter-attacking game we'll play against Chelsea.

Gomis is a different type of player to Wilf, bit faster but doesn't hold the ball up so well. Noticed Gylfi was a bit peeved with him when he came at West Brom as he wasn't closing down the defenders or making quick enough passes or moves. Will take time for them to get some sort of understanding going but to have two good strikers to choose from is a bonus for us.

It's a massive shame that Bony is on international duty which will probably mean he won't start at Chelsea, as Gomis is nowhere near his level yet.

Bony contributes all over the park, and is very useful at defending set pieces, and of course holding the ball and bringing others into play.

Gomis has looked good in moments but I'm not sure he's capable yet to contribute for a full 90 minutes, hope I'm wrong.

Gomis doesn't need to last the full 90 minutes -- Bony can relieve him after 60 - 70 mins. As part of man management in the squad I want to see Gomis as the starter -- it indicates that we really value him. The opposite is the case if we don't start him and prefer a jet-lagged and exhausted Bony as the starter.

With Wilfried Bony set for long flight back to Swansea late this week following international duty, could Bafetimbi Gomis be given his first Premier League start of the season?

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?370032">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>