Swansea City Fan Comments | Vital Football

Swansea City Fan Comments

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
Head says 2 nil Forest , Heart says 0 1 Oli.

Sadly off-field events are eroding the spirit of the most hardy of fans it seems.

Hard to see how we get anything from this.

Easy win for Forest. 2-0.

We will play some pretty football, lose by a goal or 2 and Potter will be impressed with the performance.

With the FA cup run over and the genuine despondency surrounding the club I don’t think we’ll win another away game for the rest of this season - though I’d be delighted if I was hopelessly wrong.

We're looking pretty so far.. no final ball though.

Convinced they should be down to 10 men.

74% possession so far!

Its laughable how little we do with how much we have of the ball.

Its groundhog day. Its the same shyt week after after week after week. We will be 2-0 down by the hour mark. Two long balls into the box. The number of games we dominate with no reward, then the opposition adjust and score soft goals is sickening.

Why oh why cant we play today with the same squad, as good as we did against Man citeh.

They keep a few more men behind the ball than City did.

Definite pen. Robbed again. But a good first half.

0-1 thank God for that

1-1 bollox

Ah well. It was good while it lasted.

2-1 twats I'm out.

We are the definition of lightweight.

Its every fking game. Hoist the white flag, but well done hey we did ok for an hour.

I hate us.

FFS they've had 2 shots on target and 30% possession and are winning 2-1.

Pass pass pass create next to nothing can't defend set pieces same game after game totally soul destroying.

BUT BUT BUT WE WON THE PASSING!!!!!!!

Watch the way Leeds, Norwich and the rest of the top championship teams fight and sweat blood right up to the final whistle while still playing good football.

Bugger. 2 set pieces from corners again. Dominated most of the game. Same old story.

Serious question. Should we play pretty Potteresque football or Martin O'Neil percentage football and win from set pieces?

Potteresque football of course, but get a proper set piece defensive coach in and a proper midfielder that can pass and protect the defence. I know, if it only were that easy. But I'd still rather be trying to play our way than theirs, painful as it is getting.

Same for me. I'm enjoying our performances (mostly) and style of play. It's annoying when we dominate a game and lose but I still wouldn't want us to play hoofball and try and nick a win from set pieces.

Defensively we are shambolic. No dominant centre backs and full backs that do not stop crosses. We will struggle next season if Potter does not address it. Basic mistakes that our defenders cannot seem to learn from is hurting us.

You need to spend a lot of money to get a team of talented footballers who are also capable of physically competing with O'Neil & Pulis-type sides on set pieces.

Was at the game today and we should have returned home with the 3 points in the bag. We just can't defend set pieces and, without wishing to bring it back up, this zonal marking is rubbish. The body positions are all wrong too - back to the goal is the only way to defend an attaching ball.

At least we beat their U23s in a penalty shoot out.

I'd sign Murphy tomorrow if he was close to our budget.

Which he isn't.

Really? Apart from a free header Murphy would have looked exactly what he is - a wardrobe with zero mobility and with a shelf life shorter than clotted cream in a heatwave. Exactly the kind of player I do not want to see at my club.

We should have won comfortably Forest will be coming off the field feeling lucky to win that. But we should have scored in that opening 45 mins. Ollie missed a sitter 2nd half too.

Not sure how anyone can predict what we might be able to do next season given the fire sale we have seen last 2 windows. Anyone of any value will be off.

I’m watching boro v Norwich and looking at the boro squad it’s full of talent but it’s been coached out of them.tony pullis should be tried in The Hague for crimes against football!

Nothing in this forest team!

"We're looking pretty so far.. no final ball though".

"Its laughable how little we do with how much we have of the ball".

Says it all for me, played some good stuff with a lot of possession but did little with it - reminds me of us a few years back.

Same for me. I'm enjoying our performances (mostly) and style of play. It's annoying when we dominate a game and lose but I still wouldn't want us to play hoofball and try and nick a win from set pieces.

? Da daaaaaaaaaa

Perhaps if we tried stopping hating Liverpool, we would be blessed and go up then we can resume hate. Lets ask the cosmos for promotion and Liverpool to win the EPL

I'd sign Murphy tomorrow if he was close to our budget.

Which he isn't.

Really? Apart from a free header Murphy would have looked exactly what he is - a wardrobe with zero mobility and with a shelf life shorter than clotted cream in a heatwave. Exactly the kind of player I do not want to see at my club.

Cheers CP.... had to eat my words on Saturday, whilst I wasn't unhappy to see Murphy come on, I didn't want Grabban taken off.

Our football - or lack thereof, was woeful.

O'Neill covered that off post match in his interview, regarding taking Grabban off (who had no service whatsoever) but I really did think we mugged 'em.

Was a mugging, they dominated us and had enough chances to win it. 30% possession and 3 shots on target at home to a mid table side is shocking, luckily they are a bit toothless one of the top 6 would of ruined us playing like that. Mon has to change it a bit to make us retain the ball a bit more.

Was a mugging, they dominated us and had enough chances to win it. 30% possession and 3 shots on target at home to a mid table side is shocking, luckily they are a bit toothless one of the top 6 would of ruined us playing like that. Mon has to change it a bit to make us retain the ball a bit more.

Personally, I would rest Yates & Watson and play Pele & Colback in the defensive midfield positions, Rotherham need points, so, we need to be set up to be able exploit them on the counter attack.

Yes we mugged them. Oh so familiar. That was us 18 months ago. MON knows that winning games is what keeps you in a job and the style can come later. Too many teams are capable of mugging in the championship.

Boro v Brizzle tonight. Draw?

Re next game. Will need a hard working midfield as we will need to want the three points more than Rotherham. The midfield is likely to be bypassed by both teams but will need to get up to support attack and get second ball and get back to help defence as it will be hoofball.

If we can get a lead then we can play around them. They have an excellent home record. Fancy Robinson and Murphy to start with possibly Pele and Yates in midfield. Plenty of height. Late on comes the cavalry of Carvalho and Grabban.

Yes we mugged them. Oh so familiar. That was us 18 months ago. MON knows that winning games is what keeps you in a job and the style can come later. Too many teams are capable of mugging in the championship.

Boro v Brizzle tonight. Draw?

Re next game. Will need a hard working midfield as we will need to want the three points more than Rotherham. The midfield is likely to be bypassed by both teams but will need to get up to support attack and get second ball and get back to help defence as it will be hoofball.

If we can get a lead then we can play around them. They have an excellent home record. Fancy Robinson and Murphy to start with possibly Pele and Yates in midfield. Plenty of height. Late on comes the cavalry of Carvalho and Grabban.

Think you might be wrong there Polly. 3 points to Rotherham can go a long way to keeping them up. In my opinion anybodies game.

Think you might be wrong there Polly. 3 points to Rotherham can go a long way to keeping them up. In my opinion anybodies game.

What suits us, is that they need to win - a draw is not much help to them - so, perhaps, we play classic NFFC counter-attacking football..... or we just hoof it & hope!

What is unacceptable, is another Ipswich performance - they are reeling from a thrashing at PPark - we have to make sure we start on the front foot and not encamp 10 yrds outside our area as we did v Swansea.

Ill be quite truthful, I am not looking forward to it the match but I will be giving Southernreds flag a run out in Yorks