Swans v WBA | Vital Football

Swans v WBA

keith margam

Vital Football Legend
Form Guide last 6 matches -
WBA - L L D L W W - W2 D1 L3 F8 A9 Pts7
Swansea - L W W L W L - W3 D0 L3 F8 A8 Pts 9

After the hammering Norwich gave us, and a half empty stadium at the end of the match last Saturday, I wonder how many will brave the wind and rain on Wednesday night as we face fellow PL relegation buddies of last season West Brom.
The Baggies sit in 4th position on 31 points and we are in 10th position on 26 points, after QPR leapfrogged us in the table, drawing away at Stoke.
Ironically one of our favourite ex-players, Angel Rangel, scored the two goals for QPR and has been a revelation there after being dumped by us as unwanted last summer!

Last edited:
Another poor outing for us. Didn't think WBA were all that good, scored twice from a corner and then set back in a good solid shape and tried to counter. We had no answer to that and looked quite predictable in the end. A mid-table team we look and that's where we are

Just got back, motorway closed for repair again, every time there’s a night match.
Guys we are going nowhere with this team only one way, down, sorry.
That was one of the most inept displays I’ve seen from a Swans team in years.
West Brom we’re no great shakes but we were hopeless.
We had three centre backs tonight, but both West Brom’s goals unmarked at the far post and near post, terrible dis-organised defending.
In attack we were just as bad and we could have been playing until next week and not score an equaliser.
We just didn’t know what to do with the ball. Cross after cross came over from James and later Montero with nobody there or any player capable of heading a ball accurately.
Bony when he came on was hopeless again, same McKay.
Their confidence is completely shattered after the Norwich hammering.
There is no experience or leadership in the team, not my words, but a Swans legend sitting near me tonight and I couldn’t agree more.