Swans v Sheffield Wednesday | Vital Football

Swans v Sheffield Wednesday

We all want to attack, but we never do. It's happening again, loads of talk but no action on the pitch. No substance to these words at all. Grimes has been doing it as well.

We are not quite good enough again this season, and our entertaining and slick passing football has all but disappeared under Cooper.
With Rodon out for the season, Wilmot injured and returned to Watford, and Hoorn some way from a return after months out injured, we are left with two rookies in central defence for the final 6 games.
Montero and Baker-Richardson are gone, Ayew and Rodon, possibly Roberts and Celina will be gone.

Routledge, Dyer, Naughton, Hoorn and Benda all out of contract and none have committed to staying next season.
Gallagher, Brewster, Woodman and Kalulu will return to their parent clubs.

Asoro, Peterson, MacKay, and John, were deemed not good enough this season and were sent out on loan. They will return but do we want them, all could leave.
In a worse case scenario we could be left with only the following:

Mulder, Guehi (loan), Cabango, Bidwell, Fulton, Grimes, Byers, Cullen, and Garrick.
It started off brightly, first 6 games of the season, 5 won, 1 drawn, top of the table, it was all downhill after that. I watched us being demolished 5-1 by mediocre side QPR in January, and embarrassed at home by bottom clubs Stoke and Luton. How we were still in contention for a play off spot was only down to the poor standard in the Championship this season.
Two wins in the last 12 games is not good enough, the football is terrible to watch under Cooper. An experienced manager would have got more out of this squad.

We’ve had a massive clear out of players since relegation, is there going to be a repeat this close season again.

Last edited:
We are not quite good enough again this season, and our entertaining and slick passing football has all but disappeared under Cooper.
With Rodon out for the season, Wilmot injured and returned to Watford, and Hoorn some way from a return after months out injured, we are left with two rookies in central defence for the final 6 games.
Montero and Baker-Richardson are gone, Ayew and Rodon, possibly Roberts and Celina will be gone.

Routledge, Dyer, Naughton, Hoorn and Benda all out of contract and none have committed to staying next season.
Gallagher, Brewster, Woodman and Kalulu will return to their parent clubs.

Asoro, Peterson, MacKay, and John, were deemed not good enough this season and were sent out on loan. They will return but do we want them, all could leave.
In a worse case scenario we could be left with only the following:

Mulder, Guehi (loan), Cabango, Bidwell, Fulton, Grimes, Byers, Cullen, and Garrick.
It started off brightly, first 6 games of the season, 5 won, 1 drawn, top of the table, it was all downhill after that. I watched us being demolished 5-1 by mediocre side QPR in January, and embarrassed at home by bottom clubs Stoke and Luton. How we were still in contention for a play off spot was only down to the poor standard in the Championship this season.
Two wins in the last 12 games is not good enough, the football is terrible to watch under Cooper. An experienced manager would have got more out of this squad.

We’ve had a massive clear out of players since relegation, is there going to be a repeat this close season again.

Frustrating thing is keith is that the quality this season is poor, the standard has dropped and worse than last season and yet, despite bringing in some quality on loan and having at least 1 good player in each line, we're very average.

• There's not many better CB duo than Rodon and Mike in the division.
  • Roberts has gone backwards and now looks like your average Championship right back
  • Grimes had a clean sweep at the awards last year, not been the same this year
  • Ayew, Gallagher and Brewster could arguably be PL class.
  • There's no style of play, i've no idea what or how Cooper wants us to play
Tomorrow, with Cabango and Guehi in defence, we'll see a preview of what to expect next season defensively. I've no confidence we can bring in some more experience and quality there that we need.

Unbelievable how poor Sheffield Wednesday were today, couldn't beat us in that dreadful 1st half and didn't expose us enough down routledges side who was too high. When they did they couldn't finish.

My match feed went off seven times. The first half was awful, second half better. We are far away from being a promotion side. I’m glad we won to keep the interest going though. I was pleased to see VdH back again. Our penchant for conceding late on continues. Nuhiu, a giant at 6’ 5-1/2”, was marked by 5’ 8-1/2” Roberts for their goal, and as the cross came over he had no chance of stopping him. Then it was backs to the wall for the last few minutes of injury time.

Last edited:
Swansea City 2 - Sheffield Wednesday 1
Brewster 52’ - Nuhiu 94’
Ayew 66’ pen

Possession: 53% - 47%
Shots: 7 - 10
On target: 4 - 3
Corners: 5 - 8
Fouls: 12 - 20
Cards: 2Y - 1Y
Ref: Steve Martin 5/10

Luckily Keith we had 2 goals instead of the usual 1 which meant us winning the game rather than the inevitable dropping of 2 points. Monk was rightfully pissed off to lose it and so he should be.

Swansea City 2 - Sheffield Wednesday 1
Brewster 52’ - Nuhiu 94’
Ayew 66’ pen

Possession: 53% - 47%
Shots: 7 - 10
On target: 4 - 3
Corners: 5 - 8
Fouls: 12 - 20
Cards: 2Y - 1Y
Ref: Steve Martin 5/10
Also took us about 40 mins to get our first shot on goal.