Swans v Reading | Vital Football

Swans v Reading

keith margam

Vital Football Legend
We welcome back ex manager Paul Clement and ex player Modou Barrow with Reading on Saturday.
Reading lost 2-1 at in form Birmingham (who are on a 10 match unbeaten run) Tues night, even with 68% possession and 7 shots on target.
They are just above the bottom three in 21st place in the league table on 12 points.
Last 6 matches form guide table -
10th Swans DWDLLW F8 A5 Pts 8
14th Reading WDLLWL F10 A5 Pts 7

Last edited:
According to some reports Modou Barrow has been missing from the Reading squad the last two matches for breaching club discipline and he won't be reinstated until he has resolved his issue with the club and manager.
I recall some rumours that he was disruptive when he was with the Swans, whether they were true or not I don’t know.

The precarious job of football management continues its “merry go round” as Ipswich boss Paul Hurst is the latest to be sacked due to poor results. His only win in the League this season was against the Swans at the Liberty, 2-3, a few weeks ago.
He had only been in charge at Ipswich since 30th May 2018 and was previously manager at Shrewsbury.

Last edited:
According to Swans Official, Montero and Bony are making good progress, but
this weekend’s game is a bit too soon.
I can see Montero being a sub next game, away to Rotherham on 3/11, a week on Saturday, but I don’t think they’ll want to rush Bony back too quickly after such a serious injury.
There are no other player injuries after the Blackburn match surprisingly. They were a pretty robust side at times and we had no protection from the ref.
It seems as if the Championship refs allow a more physical game from players than the the PL refs, and we have to be careful that we are not bullied out of matches as witnessed a few times this season.
We have to remember also that as a recently relegated PL team we are targets, and that other teams will strive that much harder to beat us.

Good win for QPR against Villa tonight 1-0. Villa had 68% possession,18 shots, 5 on target but still couldn’t score. Rangel had a good game and was solid at right back. Taylor and Abraham played for Villa.
QPR have now gone five matches undefeated (4W 1D, including an away win at Reading, our next opponents) since we beat them 3-0, a total of thirteen points from fifteen, which take them up to 7th in the table.

Last edited:
Young guns showed the way today as we won our second match in the space of four days in some style.
It was a dominant first half in which we stroked the ball around, created chances, but just couldn’t find the net with several opportunities, that is until the 38th minute.
Dan James won a penalty, cutting in from the wing and forcing full back Yiadom to the foul, McBurnie scored from the spot, hitting the ball straight down the middle.
Second half was much more even as Reading changed formation and fought hard to equalise with striker Yakou Meite twice heading wide.
Another James run and cross found McBurnie in the 84th minute to slide the ball home.
A well deserved win in what was our last home match for four weeks, with two away matches coming up then the Internationals break.
A dominant 64% possession, with 25 shots, 9 of them on target
Up to eighth place in the table and two points outside the play off positions.

Last edited:
Where was Tom Carroll on Saturday, not even sub, was he injured.
Nathan Dyer last seen driving to the Mumbles before the game, not even attending the match and on a princely salary, or maybe he just came to the stadium for the free pre-match meal and went home?

Sad news about Leicester’s owner dying in a helicopter crash outside the King Power stadium. Unlike many foreign owners of league clubs in UK who are in it for personal gain, he pumped his own personal fortune into the club and took them from League one to Premier League Champions.

Okay, got my tickets for the next two away matches. Next home game is in four weeks due to International break, I can’t go that long without watching a match.
The way this league’s fixtures are set up is in groups of two, i.e. two home, two away, and it happens 11 times this season. Usually it’s home one week, away the next week, of course the International breaks of two weeks, four times this season doesn’t help either.
In December and April there are 6 matches squeezed in, compared to only 4 in January. The April fixtures give us 4 home and 2 away, so I see that as a crucial month if we are anywhere near the play-offs, by giving us an advantage of 4 home games to get points on the board. Any team on a good run of form, in April particularly, could fly up the table with 18 points available.

Where was Tom Carroll on Saturday, not even sub, was he injured.
Nathan Dyer last seen driving to the Mumbles before the game, not even attending the match and on a princely salary, or maybe he just came to the stadium for the free pre-match meal and went home?
]Picked up a knock I believe, he seems to be off and on with injuries, same as Olsson.