Swans v Preston | Vital Football

Swans v Preston

keith margam

Vital Football Legend
A difficult match this, especially after all the departures yesterday.
Potter will have a hard job lifting the players amongst all the doom and gloom.
Who will play alongside VdH, Rodon or Naughton, now Amat and Fede are gone.
Will the crowd turn if we go behind.

It is only 1 player from last week's starting 11 sold after all, I suppose that's the positive but the lack of strength in depth is worrying. Not only in defence but up top as well.

Will Declan John fill in or will Rodon be given his big chance? The thought of Naughton at centre-back frightens me.

One player but a key position. Did Amat really have to go on Thursday, the Spanish transfer market is still open, couldn’t they have waited a few days until after the Preston game, then there was time to find a loan player who could have come in before the next match. Perhaps Potter wants to blood Rodon, but is he ready.

I should imagine there will be quite a reaction from the fans if we lose this one.
Unfortunately Potter and the players are piggy in the middle.
The real culprits will be in hiding.

Rodon played well in his first start. Surprised to see Fer on the bench and he gave a much needed boost to the midfield when he came on.
Nordfelt had an unlucky injury but Mulder was a more than capable deputy.
Impressive first half by us except for the weak penalty shot, but second half belonged to Preston as they showed why they just missed out on the play offs last season. Luckily for us they couldn’t score and it’s two wins from two and six points in the bag.
I saw much more effort and commitment from our youngsters yesterday than I saw from our first team for the whole of last season, so in that regard they will not be missed.
It’s obvious that we need reinforcements though, if we are to maintain our good start.
Let’s see how things unfold regarding the loan market in the next two weeks and hope we can find a few gems.

A bright first half and we should have put ourselves in a 2-0 lead but for the missed pen. We deserved it but we allowed them back in too easily and we struggled to recover. Great to see us fight on and protect the lead but we need to produce full 90 minute displays this season. Rodon superb on his debut but we need an alternative option up top, McBurnie was wrecked.