Swans v Middlesboro | Vital Football

Swans v Middlesboro

keith margam

Vital Football Legend
Form Guide last 6 matches:
M’boro DLLLLL W0 D1 L5 F2 A9 Pts1
Swans LWLLLW W2 D0 L4 F7 A9 Pts6

I didn’t realise how bad Middlesboro’s poor run of form was.
Being near the top for most of the season their slump is surprising.

Yes the Swansea way would be to get them back on track! Lets end that run of ending other teams' bad runs this weekend :please:

I can’t see us playing the same formation as Tuesday. Grimes at centre back will only work against teams who like to keep the ball to feet such as Man City and Brentford. Pulis likes the high balls so we need to sharpen our concentration for the set pieces.
I also expect him to juggle the side a bit with another Tue/Sat sequence of matches coming up next week and to try and rest players. Problem is the subs bench is weak. Rodon has been back in training and may be given minutes.

Kevin, I see the Boro are third best in your chart of expected goals from set pieces in the Championship this season, whilst we are second from bottom.
Look out this afternoon then!
We are not improving in this aspect of our game, either scoring or conceding, and it is a worry.

A master class in attacking football, credit to the team
Last ten minutes the same pattern as the Forest game, bring subs on, sit deep let them come at us, concede one goal from a corner, could have been more, lessons not learnt.

Kevin, I see the Boro are third best in your chart of expected goals from set pieces in the Championship this season, whilst we are second from bottom.
Look out this afternoon then!
We are not improving in this aspect of our game, either scoring or conceding, and it is a worry.

Yeah luckily for us we dominated and didn't give them a chance to win a set piece! A brilliant performance, great to see us do that to a tough and direct side like Middlesbrough though I thought they were one of the worst we've seen down here in months.

A master class in attacking football, credit to the team
Last ten minutes the same pattern as the Forest game, bring subs on, sit deep let them come at us, concede one goal from a corner, could have been more, lessons not learnt.
Disappointing to concede one again from corners but we did enough this time to have a healthy lead before it. Stoke improving but don't score many so that could be tight. If we keep these standards up i can't see them coping with us.