Swan, swans off from Scunny! | Vital Football

Swan, swans off from Scunny!

Resigns but isn't selling by the looks of it, just not going to be involved as much day-to-day.

Scunny have had a decent 70 year FL existence, but only averaging 6k in the 2nd Tier when at their absolute peak, suggests to me they’ll end up in NL North with York in a couple of years time.

It appears we dodged a bullet re: Swann, will he want his money back, is it even his or his wife’s? One thing is certain is that it puts Liam Scully’s controversial decision re: The Dambusters into some kind of perspective really doesn’t it?

Did/has he though? Does anybody know what his intentions really were and how he stands with the ground, i.e. doesn't he own it now with planning permission for property around it?

I, for one, having supported the Imps since 1963 am so effing glad that we didn't invite him to be our Chairman and thanks should probably go to our former Chairman, Bob Dorrian for that.

I, for one, having supported the Imps since 1963 am so effing glad that we didn't invite him to be our Chairman and thanks should probably go to our former Chairman, Bob Dorrian for that.

I may have got this wrong but i seem to remember it was Swann that chose Scunny over us rather than us turning him down. Wern't we non league at the time and scunnys league status attracted him when they contacted him after he'd spoke to Bob? Ive got nothing to back this up, so may be wrong.

I may have got this wrong but i seem to remember it was Swann that chose Scunny over us rather than us turning him down. Wern't we non league at the time and scunnys league status attracted him when they contacted him after he'd spoke to Bob? Ive got nothing to back this up, so may be wrong.
That is also my understanding. He has done a fantastic job at Scunthorpe :clap::grinning::wahey::lol:

Bob met Swann upstairs at the Wig & Mitre; after a lengthy discussion, they shook hands and Bob said, 'Welcome to Lincoln City'.

It looked like a setback at the time, but it proves that you never know what is around the next corner.

I thought that Swann was joining us and would be mentored by Bob for a season before taking over in his own right but before he joined us Scunny came in and made him an offer of the Chairman's job with immediate effect so he went their instead???

Whatever the truth is about Mr Swan, fate just didn’t want him at LCFC, and boy was that a great stroke of fortune for us. Funny he’s jumping ship now Scunny look favourites to be going out of the league 🤔🤫

Bob met Swann upstairs at the Wig & Mitre; after a lengthy discussion, they shook hands and Bob said, 'Welcome to Lincoln City'.

It looked like a setback at the time, but it proves that you never know what is around the next corner.
Gateshead away.

And to think that I was disappointed when Swann chose Scunny over us.

My wife appears to be right about my lack of judgement.